After It's Built, What Next? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

After It's Built, What Next?

KidShazam

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
So my window sticker tells me my X is being built today. Will the same link tell me it's being shipped and when I can expect it or is there someplace else I go to find out that information?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No, the sticker will not be updated with the ship date. Seni from Ford Cust Svc can keep you updated on your ship date. Send him a private message with your VIN number and he will let you know.

Depending on where you are located in may take up to 2 weeks to make it to the dealer. Mine waited an extra week in Chicago due to a QC hold in February. Good luck.

Seni is a female BTW.

And if you get your X within 2 weeks, your lucky. Plan on a month after it is built.

Mine is scheduled to be built on 4/29, however the scheduled arrival date on the coast of Oregon isn't until the week of June 6th. Pretty big lag time between assembly date and delivery... at least to the west coast.

Like many have already suggested I think Ford ought to have a better handle on getting the vehicles to their most ardent customers... then again, they just posted their biggest quarterly profit in 12 years. Do you think they're going to take suggestions from the peanut gallery? Not a chance.

Mine is scheduled to be built on 4/29, however the scheduled arrival date on the coast of Oregon isn't until the week of June 6th.

Same build date here too. I am on the east coast, Long Island, so lets see what the delivery time difference will be!:)

By the way, I have a friend with the last name of Drost who grew up with me here on LI and now lives in Tacoma. He has been there for 30yrs now I guess. I know there are a gazillion people there though! LOL

I'm on LI too (Suffolk) with a build date of 4/29 as well. hoping it's only 2-3 weeks to ship, as my current lease has to go back on 5/23.

I'm on LI too (Suffolk) with a build date of 4/29 as well. hoping it's only 2-3 weeks to ship, as my current lease has to go back on 5/23.

St James here! Lets hope we get them soon, could be on same truck.

my windows sticker says 4/28 tomorrow and im from Brooklyn hopefully i get it soon

I also have a 4/28 build date, and I am just outside Philadelphia so we'll see how long it takes to get here.

BTW, is the build date the day they start or the day it's finished?

I also have a 4/28 build date, and I am just outside Philadelphia so we'll see how long it takes to get here.

i contacted Seni She Told me It Awaiting Shipment no ETA Assigned yet and this was friday 4/29/11 she said check back Wednesday.

No, the sticker will not be updated with the ship date. Seni from Ford Cust Svc can keep you updated on your ship date. Send him a private message with your VIN number and he will let you know.
Thanks for the referral! :)

Seni is a female BTW.

Thanks for the clarification! ;)

So my window sticker tells me my X is being built today. Will the same link tell me it's being shipped and when I can expect it or is there someplace else I go to find out that information?

I'm glad that you were able to contact me and that I could provide you with tracking information! Let me know if you need anything further. :thumbsup:

~Seni

I'm outside Philly, too, but my build date is still TBD. When yours comes in, can you post how long it took (so I get an idea)?

Thanks!

DH

ordered 3/18, build date 4/29, and Seni just informed me it's in transit and ETA to the dealer on 5/14. BOOYAH!

ordered 3/18, build date 4/29, and Seni just informed me it's in transit and ETA to the dealer on 5/14. BOOYAH!

Almost a ditto here except ordered 3/1 and Seni said ETA 5/15 which is a Sunday so probably is on same truck. :D

I'm outside Philly, too, but my build date is still TBD. When yours comes in, can you post how long it took (so I get an idea)?

Thanks!

DH

Which direction out of the city are you? I am west and a bit south, near the international airport.

Truck is supposed to be at the dealer any day. I will post all relevant dates as soon as it comes in.

Dealer called. It's in!! Beat the ETA by 4 days. Now I can't pick it up until Saturday.

Still getting the "Please check your VIN" message on the syncmyride website, though. Shouldn't I be seeing something by now...at least to check the version?

Dealer called. It's in!! Beat the ETA by 4 days. Now I can't pick it up until Saturday.

Still getting the "Please check your VIN" message on the syncmyride website, though. Shouldn't I be seeing something by now...at least to check the version?

I am not sure how some people see theirs in that site, but I had a Ford rep tell me it won't show in there until the vehicle is listed as sold and the sync system is 'activated'. Don't know if that is right or not.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Which direction out of the city are you? I am west and a bit south, near the international airport.

Truck is supposed to be at the dealer any day. I will post all relevant dates as soon as it comes in.

West and South, too. Dealer is in Springfield. Thanks!

Back