• Register Today It's free!

My Explorer as it sits now....

ajthefishermen

Reaction score
City, State
Conneticut
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 XLT
It is a 2002 Ford Explorer XLT this is how it sits now... Gibson Cat Back, Bull Bar, Air Box Mod, Painted Stock Grill Black, Painted Stock 17" Rims Flat Black.
My Bumper is black because i got into a little accident i don't have alot of money so i just got a primered bumper. Tell me what you think and any suggestions for mods. Thanks again!

IMAG0193.jpg

IMAG0194.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looking sweet AJ:thumbsup:

Looks good...is your X a 4x4?

Thanks Lynchy! The only thing that makes me sad is the dis-colored bumper =/ but what can you do!

The wheels look nice man, good job on the paint
Posted via Mobile Device

Sean-yes it's a 4x4

N.Gardner- Thanks man i'll get a closer picture if you want to see what they look like up close?

Yeah, if ya don't mind I'd like to see it a lil closer. I like the idea of paintin stock wheels. Its much cheaper than buyin aftermarket ones and realy makes it stand out. Your X would look pretty bangin with a lil more agressive tires too... Just an idea :)
Posted via Mobile Device

Yeah these BFG Rugged Trail ZT/A's wore out real quick maybe 30,000 miles and there almost gone this summer i'm looking into new tires any suggestions on brand?

I'll take a picture tomorrow and post it up right now it is 1100 and pitch dark!! lol

Lol whenever ya get the pics that's cool. I have definity dekota MT's. They are very agressive lol, I have 285's. But you can get 265's or 245's. They are at pepboys. Worth checkin out in my oppioin. I love mine
Posted via Mobile Device

Here's the new headlights still need corners and an up close on the painted rims....

IMAG0195.jpg

IMAG0196.jpg

Those rim's look like they have come out of a factory, quality finish mate:thumbsup::thumbsup:

Have the same wheels on my 04. The finish is chipping off...never thought of painting them. Great idea! Wonder if it would go well with white..and the EB fender trim...hmm.

Actually the truck looks good as it sits. For my suggestion, I would have Bull Bars with Integrated Fog Lights. Also, if possible, larger rims and tires.

Looking to mod up myself.

about painting rims is it possible to paint them with automotive paint instead of the rattle can

(sorry if i steal the thread)

It's alright i used a automotive primer 2 coats, rustoluem high heat satin paint 5 coats, and flat black protective coat 2 coats and they look as close to perfect as i can get. Thanks though they took a long time to do. As for bull bar i'll be looking into fog lights soon and as you can see i also need new tires.

P.S Nate i can only imagine =]

looks go0od man! nice work :)

looks good keep up good work

Here's some pictures from my local park!

IMAG0206.jpg

IMAG0205.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Looks good man! Get some mud on them tires!
Posted via Mobile Device

Back