Go for a street look or keep the off-road look? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Go for a street look or keep the off-road look?

NHarris

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Gillette, Wyoming
Year, Model & Trim Level
04 Wrangler, 08 Ranger
Hey all,
I want some input for my explorer. This summer is it's big year. It will either become a built-up trail rig, or a street cruiser. I want some input on this. Im 50/50 on both, but want opinions based on the color and the pics below.
Here's a pic of my truck with the bull bar (for off-road);
A1.jpg

With out the bullbar (for more of a street look);
nobullbar.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I think the bull bar sets the front end of the truck but my honest thoughts im not feeling those fog lights on the bull bar... But great truck!

Hey all,
I want some input for my explorer. This summer is it's big year. It will either become a built-up trail rig, or a street cruiser. I want some input on this. Im 50/50 on both, but want opinions based on the color and the pics below.
Here's a pic of my truck with the bull bar (for off-road);
A1.jpg

With out the bullbar (for more of a street look);
nobullbar.jpg

Street look

Mate, you know I'm biased towards the fourby look and function, but our 3rd gen's also make a sweet street ride. So what ever you end up deciding to do I'm sure she will end up looking wicked good.

I would go for the off road look with the colour of your truck... bull bar looks sweet

thats a hard decision! it looks good both ways, off road and street. Im with lynchy, whatever you choose its gonna look sweet! so whichever one you would prefer more. both ways will look stellar :thumbsup:

Its kind of difficult to sit back and picture a bunch of other mods done. I can visualize the off-road, but the street is kind of difficult. And with the street look...that means a supercharger or V8 swap.

Yeah, im used to seeing it the offroad style so i can see more off road mods easier, would the street look involve lowering it? what kind of tire would you get? sorry for the questions, just tryin to picture it street style

and as for the v8 or supercharger... if you decide to go back to the offroad look from the street, just means more power to get through everything! :D

Its kind of difficult to sit back and picture a bunch of other mods done. I can visualize the off-road, but the street is kind of difficult. And with the street look...that means a supercharger or V8 swap.

Wet shot of NITROUS mate!!!!!!!!!

i think that wheel and tire combo would look super clean on your ex man!

Well I am upgrading the V6, either way. I'm putting in a whole new ignition system, new headers, and possibly a true dual exhaust system instead of the y-pipe one on there.

Bug catcher with butterflies would look funkin' awesome....actually might think about that meself :rolleyes::D:thumbsup:

Attachments

• mrg-6658.jpg
    mrg-6658.jpg
    12.3 KB · Views: 4,405

Im sure Utah has some pretty sweet trails, I vote Off-Road!

Offroad and a bug catcher.:D:D:D

Off Road all the way. I figure we all get terrible mpg's we might as well be able to have some fun right?

Nate, I gotta vote for the off road route!

I'd say you can do kind of a hybrid:

-Mild lift (1.5" body lift and/or maybe 1.5" spacers?)
-Some nice 17" rims and AT tires. (20's would be more subject to damage unless you had 285's I think)
-Remove bull bar and install tow hooks.
-You could put some good bright offroad lights behind your billet grill.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Where are you going to drive it? Sure the bull-bar gives it an "off-road" look, but it's really pretty worthless off-road.

With those mountains in the background, I'd go not with an off-road "look", but actual functional off-road setup.

Back