Sneaky dealer or not? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sneaky dealer or not?

Youngr4

Reaction score
My car was build 4/14, and Seni confirmed that it was built. She also told me that my ETA was today May 1st. So we decided to call the dealer yesterday to see when they thought we could pick it up. They said that it was going to be built this week and we should get it by no later than next week. Can they not see the same information that Seni can? We think the dealer wants to keep our car on his lot just so he has one to show people since they told us a while back that they don't have any. Can that happen or do they really not know when they get cars in?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sneaky Dealer or Not

My car was build 4/14, and Seni confirmed that it was built. She also told me that my ETA was today May 1st. So we decided to call the dealer yesterday to see when they thought we could pick it up. They said that it was going to be built this week and we should get it by no later than next week. Can they not see the same information that Seni can? We think the dealer wants to keep our car on his lot just so he has one to show people since they told us a while back that they don't have any. Can that happen or do they really not know when they get cars in?

They really may not know! I did all my tracking through Ford. The dealer did not know when my car was built, shipped, nor arrival in Arizona. I had to advise them that my EX was here in AZ at the railstation 25 miles from their dealership. It arrived at the railstation on 4/27/2011 and the dealer did not know. To date, it still has not been delivered to the dealership and they want me to call Ford to have the railyard expedite delivery. Sorry, very sorry customer service from a dealeship standpoint! If you want to know exactly where your EX is at this point, call Ford Customer Service at 1-800-392-3673, option 1, then option 5, then option 2 and agian 2. Have your vin # available. Hope this helps!

RUFF

By the way, my EX had a build date of 4/14/2011 also with a 5/02/2011 ETA

I have an idea!

If they are using it to show off, go see it and pick it up!

I will when I get it confirmed that it's there. The dealer is an hour from my work and I live an hour the other way from my work. It would be a long trip for nothing if it's not there.

I will when I get it confirmed that it's there. The dealer is an hour from my work and I live an hour the other way from my work. It would be a long trip for nothing if it's not there.

Just call and ask if they have any Explorers that you can look at.

Their in business to sell cars not display them so chances are when it gets there they will want to to come pick it up.

Congrats!! Enjoy it!! I've still got at least 5 weeks of waiting ahead...

Pics or it didn't happen... :D

Got the call today going to pick up my explorer right now! So excited!!
I know this thread is a little old but I’m really glad to hear that you were called to pick up your new Explorer! Please let me know if you have any questions / concerns you would like help with!

Cory

Got the call today going to pick up my explorer right now! So excited!!

I'm confused.. how could it be delivered before it was built?? lol, j/k

Enjoy the new Ex!!

Back