What is your opinion on having the three separate forums now? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What is your opinion on having the three separate forums now?

Should the Order Status Forum merge back with the Stock 2011 Forum??

• Yes merge Order Status with the Stock 2011 forum

Votes: 16 35.6%
  • No do not merge Order Status with the Stock 2011 forum

Votes: 29 64.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

drober30

Reaction score
City, State
Grand Blanc, MI
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited 302A
Personally, I don't like checking three different forums to see if there are new topics.

When everything was in one forum, it was easy to check in and see what was bring discussed, new threads would be on top and a dying conversation would fade away.

If you came looking for an answer, you could just search the one forum.

For example, who really is going to go into the "order status" thread once they received their vehicle and had it for a few weeks? So those new people asking questions are not going to have the audience they would have if it was all combined to answer their questions.

I understand separating them was suppose to make it easier by narrowing the topic fields down but as I've stated, I personally don't like to check three different threads.

Just wondering if what others are thinking.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am with you, I don't like it either

Bring em back together.

There going to be staying like this guys. Its not that bad.

It needs to have organization because this forum is getting big for the 2011 owners. This is also how all the the explorer generations are set up.

Give it some time. It'll become second nature before you know it:thumbsup:

It's something that you'll come to get used to, and learn to love. It will make it easier to find things in the future. It would be like the old general explorations sections where everything was all mixed up in one big mess and stuff was harder to search for.

At this point I don't see the need for three forums. I sort of get why they'd want to separate the meaty posts from the "when's my EX going to arrive" posts, but it's not like there are 50 new threads a day pushing new posts off the first page. It's still a low traffic forum.

Not a big deal though.

Myself,I like it.I was tired of seeing all the rants as to why Ford did not notify people when every bolt is tightened on their Ex.Two months or better is not uncommon,in the auto industry, to build a vehicle.I have been there,done that,many times.
I can now explore the post where people have legitiment problems that effect 2011 owners and read,how as a forum,we may be able to resolve our concerns.
Hats off to Rick and all of the moderators for seeing the need to make information a little easier to access.I know people resent change, as a whole,even when the change will benefit them and all users in the future.Just give it a little time.

Others complained that relevant information was too hard to find. :rolleyes:

This really does make it easier. Now if you have a brake issue for instance, you do not need to weed thru pages of order complaints.
When I say pages it s not an exaggeration. In fact, I bet a year from now the order complaints sub forum will go away completely.

As I said in the other similar thread, we can't win. First some people complain that we need to separate out the forums, then when we do, others complain that we shouldn't have done it.

So, do we let the members duke it out in the ring to see what happens, or do the moderaters try to make the forum work as well as we can?

They're a-stayin!!

but it's not like there are 50 new threads a day pushing new posts off the first page. It's still a low traffic forum.

Actually that's exactly what was happening prior to the split. The 2011 forum has quickly become the most active forum on our site. This is no longer the low traffic forum that it was prior to the release of the '11 model. I think things have slowed down a bit for a couple reasons. #1, availability is getting better at the dealers and there are less special orders. #2. As fuel prices are going up, new orders may be going down. Once again fuel economy numbers are on people's minds.

I was specifically asked by 2011 owners who were upset that 2011 members were being treated like second class members because the 2011 forum had not been split into modified, and stock sections as had been done with all other generations of the Explorer. This is a situation where not everyone is going to be happy with change. I made the split to make things easier to find, and more intuitive to find the answers you're looking for.

The modified and stock forums will stay. That format has always been used here. However, I will put up a poll to see if the majority wants the Order Status forum to be merged back in with the Stock 2011 forum.

JDraper,I commend you on your stand!!Keep up the good work.This is ,without a doubt, the best place online to secure current info on the Explorer.

Ok, the poll is up and staying up for 3 days.

Please, if you do not own a 2011 Explorer, or if you are not considering buying one, do not vote in this poll. Please let those who this concerns the most make this decision.

Myself,I like the present format.I think many on the order forum clutter the stock forum,some would be better to stay on Explorer Facebook.Facebook is a good place for those in the waiting game and not owners as of now.
I VOTE TO KEEP IT AS IS.

I would prefer to have the stock and after market forum in one and keep the prder status separate.....

Personally, I don't like checking three different forums to see if there are new topics.
FYI
You don't need to check 3 forums for new activity. Going to this page, you'll see highlighted titles if there have been new posts.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=151

You can also subscribe to a forum, with one click, which will give you a daily email of new activity in that forum until you choose to unsubscribe. You will be notified of all new posts, and new threads without even having to log on. You can also read what was posted in the email without logging into the site.

Click forum tools.

If you want to see all the new posts you can just click the new posts button at the top, and you will see everything. If you only want to see new posts in certain forums you can do that too, this link has the details on how to do it.

http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=313676

I would prefer to have the stock and after market forum in one and keep the prder status separate.....

+1

I agree with keeping the order status thread separate and combining the other two so I will vote NO in the pole.

I agree that the order status thread will become less important as the weeks go by. After all, people who ordered in December were still waiting for their Explorer in March. Once Ford fixes the backlog and starts producing vehicles like it normally does, there will be less people wondering where their Explorer is.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

As I said in the other similar thread, we can't win. First some people complain that we need to separate out the forums, then when we do, others complain that we shouldn't have done it.

So, do we let the members duke it out in the ring to see what happens, or do the moderaters try to make the forum work as well as we can?

They're a-stayin!!

Just know that my question was just that, only a question of what people thought.

I appreciate all the effort that moderators and members do to make this a great informational forum!

Back