DVD Headrests / What Brand is Ford's factory unit | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DVD Headrests / What Brand is Ford's factory unit

nolefan

Reaction score
City, State
Ft. Lauderdale, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Limited
When I got my 2011 LTD, the dealer installed what I thought were the correct DVD Headrests. Turns out they were not. I got Audiovox headrests, and although they work well as DVD players, they do not support your head. Not angled correctly. The dealer has been trying to get the correct ones for months now and kept telling me they were back ordered. Apparently they are here now, and just wanted to know what I should be getting. Can anyone with Factory DVD Headrests shed a little light as to Brand and model number? Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

When I got my 2011 LTD, the dealer installed what I thought were the correct DVD Headrests. Turns out they were not. I got Audiovox headrests, and although they work well as DVD players, they do not support your head. Not angled correctly. The dealer has been trying to get the correct ones for months now and kept telling me they were back ordered. Apparently they are here now, and just wanted to know what I should be getting. Can anyone with Factory DVD Headrests shed a little light as to Brand and model number? Thanks

iNvision but I think you lose the tilt feature once you go with the Headrest DVD players.

http://www.fordaccessoriesstore.com/GfaWeb/catalog.do?prodInfo=Explorer~2011~VBB5Z_10E947_BB

I just picked up my X yesterdat and it the invision revolution series.

I just went through this.....make sure they install the newer style ones for the 2011 Explorer not the ones for the 2010 Explorer.

I say this because Invision themselves had the same part number for the 2010 and 2011 so when I called they didn't even know there was a change to the Explorer for 2011.

So the dealer installed the older Invision Rev II series (no USB on the front).

It was because of the help I got from posters on this site that I determined I had the wrong ones and should have had the Invision "LT" version. They have the USB and a newer design screen.

The LT series is what the factory sends in the box when you factory order them. Dealer installs them upon PDI so they don't get stolen during transport.

Just got the correct ones installed. Man what a difference. They actually look like they were supposed to be in that vehicle. The other ones the dealer had installed didn't look right and didn't support your head at all. Thanks to this site, I was able to get it fixed. Got the LT series with the usb port on front. Dealer told me they were back ordered. If that's true, just wait to get the right ones. Don't accept anything else. You will regret it.

Do the correct DVD Headrests tilt or ratchet?
Thx

Can someone snap a close up picture of them so I can show them to my dealer who forgot to add them to the order?

Can someone snap a close up picture of them so I can show them to my dealer who forgot to add them to the order?

Has it been built? Or has the order just been sent?

If it's already been built I don't think the dealer can add them.

Has it been built? Or has the order just been sent?

If it's already been built I don't think the dealer can add them.

They are dealer installed anyway when you order them with your built Explorer. The factory does not install them. They ship them to the dealer to install.

The Explorer will be built this Thursday 5/12

I would like to see a pic up close so I can show them exactly the Revolution LT series. I know they won't make it on the order but they can get them as an accessory and get them install because they forgot to include them.

Thanks to Janskim who helped me out with this information.

The part# is EHMD-0701LT

EXDVD.jpg

Thanks to Janskim who helped me out with this information.

The part# is EHMD-0701LT

EXDVD.jpg

Thanks Sgt1411 I knew you would come through!! I appreciate it.

Back