Lifted Pictures of 2000 Eddie's. Please! | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Lifted Pictures of 2000 Eddie's. Please!

00MTEDDIE

Reaction score
City, State
Bozeman, MT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'00 EDDIE
I dont have a lot of money to spend and would like to know what would be the most benificial and good looking lift option. so that being said i would like to get some pictures of your 2000 EXddie and if you dont mind i would like some detail on what you have done.

Thanks,
Brett

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

33x12.50 Tires, 15x8" Rim, 3" EDGE Spindle, 1" Torsion Twist. Bumper and Upper Arms on the way. Still contemplating taking off the eddie bauer fender flares, but it looks like crap without them in the back.

9.jpg

King$nake - Your Ex looks just like how I want mine. Only difference is my Ex is black. Do you have any sort of body lift, or is it all just from the spindle replacement and TT?

King$nake - Your Ex looks just like how I want mine. Only difference is my Ex is black. Do you have any sort of body lift, or is it all just from the spindle replacement and TT?

No body lift here. I went with 3" EDGE spindles, warrior shackles and a TT

Do you still have stock shocks? Would there be any advantage to aftermarket shocks? Any complications while you lifted your Ex with the mods you listed?

Nah I threw away the stock shocks. You dont need them for the lift, but I decided to install bilstein shocks while I was lifting it because the stock shocks had 150,000 miles on them. No real complications, pretty straightforward.

Do you still have stock shocks? Would there be any advantage to aftermarket shocks? Any complications while you lifted your Ex with the mods you listed?

I agree with King$nake, it is a straight forward install. I installed mine within a few hrs. And there is no way to use stosk shocks with this lift, wou have to use 3-5in longer travel shocks.

I agree with King$nake, it is a straight forward install. I installed mine within a few hrs. And there is no way to use stosk shocks with this lift, wou have to use 3-5in longer travel shocks.

With the spindle lift you can use the stock shocks, but I just opted not to. I know of some guys that are running stock shocks on there spindle lift

With the spindle lift you can use the stock shocks, but I just opted not to. I know of some guys that are running stock shocks on there spindle lift

I can not see that. I installed my lift when Pro-Comp was still selling them on the market back in 2002, and it came with 3" lift shocks, and I still found no flex travel with the 3" lift shock, the backs always would full extend when hitting road bumps. Finally haad to upgrade to a longer traveling shock.

well for what its worth, the shocks I used (the bilsteins) were actually OEM size, direct replacement. but it doesnt matter everything worked out.

You were Airborne? nice. my brother is 0341 w/ 2/4 (USMC mortarman). Im shipping out to the Navy later this year, just passed PST a few months ago, still in DEP. Going SO rate. thanks for your service bud

Any chance you could guide me to the corrent spindles to buy?

2000 eddie spring over axle in the rear, sloped body lift, 2" TT, 33x12.5's painted eddie trim black
215345_216653658344711_100000002342601_878697_6712270_n.jpg

Back