Excited newbie | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Excited newbie

It's HERE!!! Picked it up yesterday! I am so in love! I feel like I'm sitting in the ****pit of an airplane with all the computer technology. Plan on sitting in the driveway with some wine tonight to get to know the system a little better! And the tuxedo black is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Sounds awesome! Enjoy!

Thanks so much!!!!!!

It's HERE!!! Picked it up yesterday! I am so in love! I feel like I'm sitting in the ****pit of an airplane with all the computer technology. Plan on sitting in the driveway with some wine tonight to get to know the system a little better! And the tuxedo black is BEAUTIFUL!!!

Just don't spill the wine!!:D

Enjoy it's a great vehicle with plenty of toys !!

Renay, that's great. I plan on doing something just like that, except with beer.
I ordered mine 4/1 and was just told today it's in transit with an ETA of the week of May 19th. It sounds like your's was built 4/1. Did you get an ETA back then and did it change?

yea, no wine stains, right? :)

No, mine just went really smoothly. I ordered 3/17, got vin, window sticker, build date was 4/21, and then it sat in yard for a few days but not long. Was loaded onto railcar and it was neat, because they sent updates as to where it was on the railcar. It went through Arkansas, Louisiana, then west of me to the Dallas area before it stopped. it took from Friday to Tuesday for it to be delivered 180 miles east by truck to Texarkana. I think I am really lucky after reading so many bad stories on the forum. But you know what, mostly people post complaints and not so much smooth transactions right? My tuxedo black was given some sort of priority status since there is now a problem getting the paint tint from Japan. I'm really, really happy! Hope you get yours soon, what did you order?

oh and my ETA was May 9, and I got it on May 4!

No, mine just went really smoothly. I ordered 3/17, got vin, window sticker, build date was 4/21, and then it sat in yard for a few days but not long. Was loaded onto railcar and it was neat, because they sent updates as to where it was on the railcar. It went through Arkansas, Louisiana, then west of me to the Dallas area before it stopped. it took from Friday to Tuesday for it to be delivered 180 miles east by truck to Texarkana. I think I am really lucky after reading so many bad stories on the forum. But you know what, mostly people post complaints and not so much smooth transactions right? My tuxedo black was given some sort of priority status since there is now a problem getting the paint tint from Japan. I'm really, really happy! Hope you get yours soon, what did you order?

Congrats on the new car! I have very similar order and build dates for mine. It was shipped to Ohio on Monday, I just got a status from Ford today and they told me it was in Buffalo last night (on its way to Phila., so the route didn't surprise me). They have an expected ETA for the week of 5/8.

I have been reading everything I can so I can get a jump on learning all the features, but I am sure I will have to 'spend a night in the driveway' with it like many others.

BTW, I also ordered the tuxedo black limited, with the 301a and the pecan interior. Can't wait until its here!!

Thanks for the great info! I hope you didn't spend the night in your new ride. It is nice to see some success stories on here. I ordered the Bordeaux Red XLT with black leather, comfort package, navigation, tow package and MFT. I need to keep my mind busy so the time goes by faster.

Back