• Register Today It's free!

MFT/SYNC Issue with Phone Pairing

Bill1234

Reaction score
City, State
Central CT
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limited (Lovin' It!)
Since I got the X, my phone has paired with no issues. Text/Contact Pics still buggy, but the phone always worked via BT. Yesterday, got in the X and saw a strange screen. Appears that phone is connected (shows battery, cell strength, BT symbol), but there is text "Connecting to phone" that does not go away. Phone seems to think it is also connected, but MFT will not let me dial. Voice says "waiting to connect to phone"

SYNC=2.7
Phone=DEFY (Android 2.2.1)
Owned X for 3 weeks, 1400 miles

Next Step I am going to try master reset, maybe even the old "fuse 29" pull...

This had not better be a sign of things to come.... :censored:

2011-05-04_19-39-21_308.jpg

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Bill..first I would un pair the phone & pair it again. That may be the only fix you need.
On FB the SYNC guy is saying the fuse pull should NOT be done unless under drastic circumstances.

Thanks Jackey. I tried every combo of deleting SYNC from phone, phone from SYNC in different orders and no luck. I did notice that even after deleting the phone from SYNC, it would come back up in the list (BT on phone was OFF)... I am going to try software reset after work.

This happened to me last weekend for the first time. The fix was on my own phone. All I did was go to the phone's bluetooth menu, highlight Sync and "refresh". Sync found the phone and all was connected again.

By the way, shortly after that, I had a touch-screen blackout and "maintenance" reset. Then all came back again, including the phone connection.

Try to pair a different phone as well. My friend had an issue where he dropped his phone one day and the phone stoppped pairing or kept disconnecting when paired. He thought it was the edge at first but when he paired 3 other different phones, he narrowed it down to just his phone having the problem.

Bill,

I looked into this and found that it’s recommend that the phone be reset before anything else. It’s important to do this from time to time to refresh it. If your phone has had a recent firmware update, it’s recommended to do a clean pairing (delete the phone and SYNC listings, then re-pair). The Mobile Phone Tips section on the Troubleshooting Tips page on SyncMyRide.com gives further details on how to help stabilize the Bluetooth connection with SYNC.

If you would like additional help in troubleshooting your phone concerns, we also have a SYNC Support team that is ready and willing to assist you (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3). I hope that helps!

Cory

Thanks Cory and everyone else. After work, I got in the X and the MFT hung for a bit and then did a system reset automatically. All seems to be well again. Seems like the re-boot did the trick ;)

Bill1234,
Isn't that strange? We both had phone pairing issues, followed by a black-out, then apparently all is OK!?

I was thinking I may have the issue with the APIM module needing replacement. But now, I wonder if the system just went un-stable (the phone connection being the indicator of that instability), and ultimately the maintenance reset (or whatever happened), fixed the instability.

Bill1234,
Isn't that strange? We both had phone pairing issues, followed by a black-out, then apparently all is OK!?

I was thinking I may have the issue with the APIM module needing replacement. But now, I wonder if the system just went un-stable (the phone connection being the indicator of that instability), and ultimately the maintenance reset (or whatever happened), fixed the instability.

Same happened to me about a week ago with the black screen and phone pairing. All seems to be working ok now, except the fact that now when I call services the computer can't understand what I am saying.

Thanks Cory and everyone else. After work, I got in the X and the MFT hung for a bit and then did a system reset automatically. All seems to be well again. Seems like the re-boot did the trick ;)
You’re welcome! Please feel free to let me know if anything else acts up.

JAZNY, I’m glad that your issue was resolved as well.

gsueagle2424, this sounds like something that the SYNC Support team could troubleshoot for you. Have you tried calling them? See my above post for their contact information.

Cory

Back