Pictures of my Trac's new shoes. | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Pictures of my Trac's new shoes.

Those are going to look awesome.

I suggest painting the cladding black to complete the look. It seems to have caught on around here.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yeah,I've been planning on painting my cladding since I bought the truck but never got around to it, now that I have black rims and the weather is cooperating I may just get my chance.

Nice wheel/tire combo. It's gunna look awesome.

Looking good - You are me two weeks ago - Putting the tires up to the truck. I Love the 33's if you have 4.10s it's not really that bad. Soft 8's are sweet two - but I am bias. :)

Yeah, I have 4:10 gears, wanting to ugrade to 4:56's with front and rear lockers but that'll have to wait until I do my SAS, SOA and move upto 35's. I'll probably sell these rims and tires then and get a bigger /wider rim, maybe 17x9's not sure yet.

Did you have any clearance issues with the 4" b.s. over the calipers or tie rod ends? I haven't mounted them yet, just got my new upper and lower ball joints and axle shaft seals so waiting 'til after those are installed and get an alignment.

Yup - 4.56 for me too - On the short list - Also going to do lockers. I had zero clearance issues. Inside plastic cladding pieces needed trimming - but that wasn't even that bad.

keep up the good work

Did you have any clearance issues with the 4" b.s. over the calipers or tie rod ends? I haven't mounted them yet, just got my new upper and lower ball joints and axle shaft seals so waiting 'til after those are installed and get an alignment.

When I used to have 15x10 M/T Classic II wheels with 33x12.50R15 M/T Baja Claw Radials (before the 4" superlift) I would have problems with the calipers knocking the wheel weights off the wheel if they used the "stick-on" type weights. Not much clearance between the inside of the wheel and the caliper. Not sure if anyone else has had this problem with 15" wheels??

Thanks man for the heads up, I had them put on the stick ons so as to save the powdercoating/ paint on the lips. My XLT rims are ruined because of the clamp on weights so if I can save the rims by using stickys I"ll do it.

If you hear it squealing/grinding take the wheels off and bend down, or cut the top off of, the little "squealer" clips between the break pads and the caliper. i have had to do this over and over whenever i change my breaks or even sometimes when i rotate my tires.

If you hear it squealing/grinding take the wheels off and bend down, or cut the top off of, the little "squealer" clips between the break pads and the caliper. i have had to do this over and over whenever i change my breaks or even sometimes when i rotate my tires.

Small block of wood, and a hammer, flattens them right out - I had to do this with my front passengers only. Took a whole 15 extra seconds. But yes - good point to bring up.

Back