I request for help

MMM

Reaction score
City, State
K
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
Hi, guys,
I am new here, writing from Ukraine in Europe. I got today my new Ex and need help.
I bought my vehicle through a non-official dealer in Ukraine, who took it somewhere in the USA from stock (actually there is no other possibility to purchase new Ex because official Ford dealers in Europe do not distribute this model yet). My ’11 Ex is not equipped with the tow package. While the vehicle was traveling by sea to Ukraine, I got a need to tow a trailer with a small jet boat.
My question: is it technically possible to retrofit 2011 Explorer (rapid spec 202A without tow package) with a hitch receiver and rear bumper removable cover? If yes, then where can I order the parts? May be some links to a website or phones. Unfortunately officials from Ford Ukraine say they have nothing to do with US cars, only Ford Europe models.
I am really frustrated. I bought a boat being sure that I could tow it.
Could someone give me info, please?
P.S. this is my first American car and the first impression is over all my expectations!! The look and drive feelings – I am more than happy!!!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Hi, guys,
I am new here, writing from Ukraine in Europe. I got today my new Ex and need help.
I bought my vehicle through a non-official dealer in Ukraine, who took it somewhere in the USA from stock (actually there is no other possibility to purchase new Ex because official Ford dealers in Europe do not distribute this model yet). My ’11 Ex is not equipped with the tow package. While the vehicle was traveling by sea to Ukraine, I got a need to tow a trailer with a small jet boat.
My question: is it technically possible to retrofit 2011 Explorer (rapid spec 202A without tow package) with a hitch receiver and rear bumper removable cover? If yes, then where can I order the parts? May be some links to a website or phones. Unfortunately officials from Ford Ukraine say they have nothing to do with US cars, only Ford Europe models.
I am really frustrated. I bought a boat being sure that I could tow it.
Could someone give me info, please?
P.S. this is my first American car and the first impression is over all my expectations!! The look and drive feelings – I am more than happy!!!

You can add an aftermarket hitch to your EX without replacing the bumper, the receiver just sits below the bumper fascia. You're payload is decreased though by not having the trailer tow package. I believe others have posted 2,000LBS, or 907.18 KG

I was hoping the same. But in fact there is NO hith receiver at all under the rear bumer fascia. And the bumper part, which supposed to be a plastic cover for receiver area is monolit with the bumper, made as one piece with the non-colored bumper part and can not be opened.
I realize it was my mistake not carefully checked all available info. In the towing brochure I now found " - " in the field hitch receiver for standard vehicles, available only for tow package.
That is why I applied here, I believed that may be someone of forum guys faced the same problem. Sorry.

kappaknight - great!!
many thanks, it is just what I'm looking for.
thank you!!

Back