• Register Today It's free!

Options you miss from your XLT

GregV8

Reaction score
City, State
Long Island, NY
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Those of you like me who tried saving money by going with a modestly equipped XLT: what option do you regret not having?
Coming from a fully loaded jeep, I got used to having these and regret not spending the extra $ on them:
-power liftgate
-memory seats
-remote starter

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You can get the autoliftgate and the remote start on the XLT via accessories. Just no memory seats.

Hrmm. Coming from a Wrangler, every piece of tech will be an awesome new gadget for me. =)

kappaknight said:
Hrmm. Coming from a Wrangler, every piece of tech will be an awesome new gadget for me. =)

LOL :)
Had a Commander Overland - with EVERYTHING. ;)

I miss homelink. Our XLT has the auto lift gate:)

I miss homelink. Our XLT has the auto lift gate:)

You can get homelink as well. All you have to do is order the visor and plug it in.

I skipped the power liftgate...now I wish I had it. That and 20s are the only things I didn't get.

I added the remote start. I like the push button start, and a few little toys the ltd has, but not enough to really care. I would love the auto wipers. A heated steering wheel might have pushed me to get the limited.

Those of you like me who tried saving money by going with a modestly equipped XLT: what option do you regret not having?
Coming from a fully loaded jeep, I got used to having these and regret not spending the extra $ on them:
-power liftgate
-memory seats
-remote starter
Did you add package options to your XLT?

I have the 202a and it has most everything I want. MFT is a gadget to me, but a cool one that I like. I just hope that it holds up over the long haul.

I thought about the glass roof, but I didn't $1,600 like it.

The first thing my husband said when he first drove my Explorer was, "Thank God these don't have memory seats!". We always use my key..therefore in my other vehicles he would end up with his knees at his chin!

I got the XLT with power liftgate & dual moon roof....nothing else I really needed. And I did upgrade to the 202a pkg.

The first thing my husband said when he first drove my Explorer was, "Thank God these don't have memory seats!". We always use my key..therefore in my other vehicles he would end up with his knees at his chin!

I got the XLT with power liftgate & dual moon roof....nothing else I really needed. And I did upgrade to the 202a pkg.

I thought memory seats work by weight and other factors? I know the Ex. allows up to 2 separate users in their memory settings.

I thought memory seats work by weight and other factors? I know the Ex. allows up to 2 separate users in their memory settings.

Our 2010 Buick LaCrosse had 2 memory settings...1 for each key.
I believe our Volvo CX90 had the same set up, my 4Runner & Yukon didn't have
memory seats.

You can have 3 memory seat settings. He could program his seat location into #2 or #3 and just hit that button when he gets in with your key.

You can have 3 memory seat settings. He could program his seat location into #2 or #3 and just hit that button when he gets in with your key.

If you are referring to me, my XLT doesn't have memory seats..LOL

We turned in our '08 Eddie Bauer for an '11 XLT. The only item we really miss are the memory seats/pedals. We just love this new Explorer and being a later build, it came with MFT v2.8 already. No concerns or issues - can't wait to use it to launch the boat (if it ever warms up here in SE Michigan).

A heated steering wheel might have pushed me to get the limited.

When they come out with a heated steering wheel, I will be trading in my Explorer I don't even have yet!

Loved my heated steering wheel in my Dodge Ram. Best option ever!

The lack of this option has me considering a lease instead of a buy.

Yes, I really like it that much!:D

where do you look on the system to find MFT version number? Thx.

We turned in our '08 Eddie Bauer for an '11 XLT. The only item we really miss are the memory seats/pedals. We just love this new Explorer and being a later build, it came with MFT v2.8 already. No concerns or issues - can't wait to use it to launch the boat (if it ever warms up here in SE Michigan).

When they come out with a heated steering wheel, I will be trading in my Explorer I don't even have yet!

Loved my heated steering wheel in my Dodge Ram. Best option ever!

The lack of this option has me considering a lease instead of a buy.

Yes, I really like it that much!:D

Really? I keep mine in a garage so it's not an issue, but when I lived in an apartment and had to park outside, I simply wore driving gloves and was never bothered by a cold steering wheel.

Really? I keep mine in a garage so it's not an issue, but when I lived in an apartment and had to park outside, I simply wore driving gloves and was never bothered by a cold steering wheel.

Well the good thing is my Explorer will be going inside the garage where my Ram stayed in the driveway.

Don't care much for driving gloves personally.

However, even driving when it was just slightly chilly out, I really enjoyed turning on my heated steering wheel as people do the comfort/feel of their heated seats.

It was the one option that felt "rich"!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back