• Register Today It's free!

explorer not getting gas?

tokicku

Reaction score
City, State
mesquite tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 xlt
Hi Everyone! I have a 99 explorer XLT which wouldn't start this morning. I pulled the fuel filter and turned the key and gas shot out so I know the fuel pump works so I then went ahead and replaced the filter. The car still wont start though, If I spray B12 in the intake it starts but then dies as if its not getting gas. I am baffled. The filter is new and as far as I can tell the pump works but it acts as though its still not getting fuel. Any help will be greatly appreciated. Thanks , Tim

Sounds like it might be the fuel pressure sensor. Is pressure test the fuel system at the fuel rail.

did u by chance do anything or hit anything that could of set off the switch should be under the dash on the passenger side it keeps the engine from getting gas u have to reset that switch

injectors disabled?

Does the THEFT rapidly flash when you crank the starter? On my 2000 SOHC V6 PATS disables the fuel injectors when an invalid key is used to crank the starter. If the THEFT is rapidly flashing try a different ignition key.

Back