Anti-theft system removal, how? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anti-theft system removal, how?

jpaitala

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'96 XLT
Hello everyone, nice forum with lot's of info.
I have been reading and searching quite a while now, but now it's time for a first question.

I have a 1995 Exploder 4.0 and I want/need to remove the anti theft system for good. How can this be done?

If the answer is somewhere in the forum, I apologize for the question but I have tried to find the answer without succeeding in that.

I looked this up a while back and it appears the only way to get around the PATS system, at least on my 2001 Sport and fairly sure on yours also, is to buy a programmer -- $350.00 and up. Reprogramming the computer is the only way to get around it.

I looked this up a while back and it appears the only way to get around the PATS system, at least on my 2001 Sport and fairly sure on yours also, is to buy a programmer -- $350.00 and up. Reprogramming the computer is the only way to get around it.

his vehicle has a standalone pats module, the only question is if you detune the pcm from pats, does the standalone module still work as an inhibitor, on later vehicles 99 or 00 and up everything is in the pcm.

Back