HELP!! Full Console with 1354m Swap | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

HELP!! Full Console with 1354m Swap

Here's a few teasers of the shifter modification

Attachments

• Shifter1.jpg
    Shifter1.jpg
    41.3 KB · Views: 256
  • Shifter2.jpg
    Shifter2.jpg
    58.9 KB · Views: 252
  • Shifter3.jpg
    Shifter3.jpg
    40.9 KB · Views: 259

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

A few more, I hade to modify the trans tunnel a little as you can see in the last two pictures........Interior pictures to follow

Attachments

• Shifter4.jpg
    Shifter4.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 234
  • shifter5.jpg
    shifter5.jpg
    40.4 KB · Views: 231
  • Shifter6.jpg
    Shifter6.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Shifter7.jpg
    Shifter7.jpg
    52.8 KB · Views: 247

:rolleyes:Got another question for you all. The front driveshaft came from the 94 Explorer I pulled the Tcase from.

This is the driveshaft I should be using right? It seemed like one hell of a task to get it in the vehicle? Its in but I struggled to get it installed.

Yeah, that driveshaft would be right, what was the struggle?

Yeah, that driveshaft would be right, what was the struggle?

It seemed like it didn't want to compress any, and the little amount it did compress at the slip yolk was just barely enough. :dunno:

Im having vibration and noise issue's in the front thought maybe this would be the cause????

My guess is you have dirt/grime/corrosion in the slip joint.

Mark the shaft on both sides of the slip joint, then pull it apart.. Clean out the old grease/grime etc from the slip joint, and put some new grease in there..

~Mark

I know this is an old thread but I am looking for ideas for a shift boot. I just installed my shifter yesterday and really need something to quiet it down and seal up the hole. I have seen a few pics but can't find them now, suggestions to effectively cut down the noise and seal it up?

Thanks

Back