• Register Today It's free!

Sync My Ride

datwell

Reaction score
City, State
Houston, TX
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT
New to forum and just got my new '11 XLT Friday. Ingot Silver w/charcoal black leather, 202A, 20's, trailer tow, and power liftgate. Really like it so far. Successfully paired my iPhone 3GS to it, but am having trouble on "sync my ride" website registering my vin to get access to the sync services. Called customer service yesterday and was instructed to take it in to the dealer and have the system updated/re-burned? Does this sound right? Thanks for the help.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I don't think updating it would fix the fact that your vin is not registering on syncmyride.com. They should probably check if you're in the system or not is what they should do.

New to forum and just got my new '11 XLT Friday. Ingot Silver w/charcoal black leather, 202A, 20's, trailer tow, and power liftgate. Really like it so far. Successfully paired my iPhone 3GS to it, but am having trouble on "sync my ride" website registering my vin to get access to the sync services. Called customer service yesterday and was instructed to take it in to the dealer and have the system updated/re-burned? Does this sound right? Thanks for the help.

YES!! Same here, they have to scan something if I remember to get it to accept that the VIN was now in a sold car....not sure if I got that right but I didn't feel like waiting and said I would come back another day. They were busy and I was in no rush to have it done. Actually my sales lady spoke to them yesterday and they explained it to her while I was filling out my contract and paying, etc. I said I would drop in after work during the week.....

Thanks for the reply. After searching further on the forum, I found a helpful post from kblee on 5/13/11 at 9:08 a.m. I just went out and did a vehicle health check and will see if that works.

Here is a copy of his post:

I just received the following email from Sync support:

Quote:
Thank you for your email in regards to your SYNC account.

The reason for this is because the APIM (SYNC) module did not get scanned when the vehicle was rolling off the lot.

The best and easiest way to correct this would be to run a Vehicle Health Report. Make sure that the you are using the active phone (x..-x..-xxxx) on the account to dial out for the vehicle health report. The voice command to run a health report is "vehicle health." The report can be viewed by logging into your SYNC account (xxxx).

Please allow 24 hours for this to be corrected. If the vehicle health report does not correct the issue, then you will need to have the Dealership service center READ the APIM (SYNC) module.

Sorry for any inconvenience.

Sincerely,

Jaclyn
Ford Motor Company
SYNC Support Center

I registered on SyncMyRide while at the dealer, the day I picked up my Explorer. Before I even drove off the lot, my salesperson sat down with me on his computer, and had me log on, and register.
In addition to that, I synced my phone to the Explorer with my salesperson.

Maybe this would be a good thing for those of you who have not taken delivery of their vehicles yet (& who have not previously registered) to consider doing.

Maybe this would be a good thing for those of you who have not taken delivery of their vehicles yet (& who have not previously registered) to consider doing.

Mine did the same with me while there but the VIN problem was still there. That is why she spoke to the folks in support. Everything works fine, just says on Syncmyride that the VIN number is invalid...will fix this week.

Mine did the same with me while there but the VIN problem was still there. That is why she spoke to the folks in support. Everything works fine, just says on Syncmyride that the VIN number is invalid...will fix this week.

Mine is the same way. Syncmyride doesn't work with internet explorer 9. I have to go to the dealer and have them download and plug the sync status checker into the usb.

Thanks for the reply. After searching further on the forum, I found a helpful post from kblee on 5/13/11 at 9:08 a.m. I just went out and did a vehicle health check and will see if that works...
It’s too bad that you’re having the issue with SYNCMyRide.com validating your VIN, but the SYNC Support team has a recommendation. Just like kblee posted, the issue can be resolved by running a Vehicle Health Report, which can take up to twenty-four hours to take effect on the website.

If anyone else is looking for more details on how to run a Vehicle Health Report go to http://www.SYNCMyRide.com/Own/Modules/SupportContent/UsingServicesSupport.aspx?hdi=18 and follow the steps.

If you’ve already done that and it’s still not updated, please send me your VIN in a private message so I can have it researched further. Thank you.

Cory

Thanks for responding Cory. I'm still having the same problem after trying the health check. I've PM'd you my VIN. Would appreciate any suggestions and help.

Same problem here. I was told today that the factory forgot to scan some vehicles and the only fix was to take it in for an ipan(SP). The vehicle health report did work, but no longer does. I called the dealer and was told it was a 1/2 job and they don't have loaner cars. so much for quality control at the factory. I regret not buying a lexus or acura. There are issues there also, but service is so much better and they always have a loaner car.

Health report didn't work for me

Health report didn't work for me. Still can't validate.

same for me, and now i cant even run the report or i get an error when dialing out :(

I wanted to thank those of you who have sent me your information, and I appreciate your patience as I make my way through each message.

robpco, I understand how important quality is and I can see why you would want to see this issue resolved right away. So I can assist you this, would you mind sending me a PM with your VIN?

Cory

After running a second VHR just for the heck of it I tried connecting to Services and it worked! I was able to get directions, news, weather and save favorites such as sports teams, stocks etc. I came back in and logged on to SMR and even though it still says I have a VIN problem, it seems everything was saved in my profile. I'm going to just ignore the website saying I have a problem and use it till I loose it!

I took delivery on 5/5 and still have the 'validate VIN' error. I successfully uploaded a VHR, waited the required 24 hrs...now it's been 3 weeks, still nothing. No problems with SYNC, MFT or Travel Links...everything works great. I was told from one SYNC rep that the VIN needs to be uploaded to the SYNC database since the factory forgot to do it. (I wonder what else the factory forgot to do, hope my wheels don't fall off!) I went to the dealer with a copy of the chat I had with the SYNC rep telling me I needed to have the APIM scanned to the SYNC database. I was told by the service rep that they never heard of this and have no idea on what to do or how to scan it! They told me it could take a day or more to fix since they first have to find out from Ford what to do. I understand this was a joint effort between Ford & Microsoft and any new product has bugs but Ford really needs to address this and take action fast before these SYNC issues become 'Toyota's Floormat' issue for Ford. I wrote a PM to Cory to see if he can investigate this and awaiting his reply.

Mine is the same way. Syncmyride doesn't work with internet explorer 9. I have to go to the dealer and have them download and plug the sync status checker into the usb.
Windows IE 9 does work with SyncMyRide, I have it. I also own a 2011 Ford Fusion and have no problems downloading Status Checker, performing downloads and updates, viewing Vehicle Health Reports, etc.

Windows IE 9 does work with SyncMyRide, I have it. I also own a 2011 Ford Fusion and have no problems downloading Status Checker, performing downloads and updates, viewing Vehicle Health Reports, etc.

Fun. Everytime I use IE9 even today, I get the error message must use a supported browser. Every other website works. I chatted with sync support a couple minutes ago they said ignore any error messages, thaty it's just a glitch on their side.

Had Similar Problems had Similar Suggestions

IE9 could not get it to work. Used compatability mode and got a little further but still would not complete version checker.

Used Firefox and it worked. I did the Vehicle Health report with no luck.

After using Firefox to download the checker, I still had a problem with vin but I was given the options to select preferred dealer etc. After doing that, I was able to validate VIN.

Since then, Sync has been working well.

I finally took delivery yesterday and can't validate my VIN. I was told by someone at Ford I was able to online chat with that I need to go back to the dealer to have the system "reflashed". Called the dealer, and of course they can't do on a Saturday and say they need about 5-6 hours to do this because they often have to start over and over because of the way it's delivered via Internet.

Annoying.

I was able to send a vehicle health report yesterday, but that didn't fix it. Ford says reflash. I guess I have to do it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I also have the validation error on syncmyride and get an error when running the vehicle health report saying it cannot connect. I sent a message for help on the sync site and this is the response I got back.

Thank you for your email in regards to validating the VIN (Vehicle Identification Number).

Unfortunately, the only resolution at this time is to contact your dealership's service department to have the SYNC system flashed to verify that all of the software is installed on the APIM in the vehicle. This will remove the error message on your SYNC account to validate the VIN.

Back