Price protection or incentive protection?? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Price protection or incentive protection??

1sttimeford

Reaction score
City, State
Atlanta, GA
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 Explorer Limited 301
Has anyone else gone to the dealer and been told that since the price has gone up and the incentive down (ordered on 3/29), that they can only honor one or the other? We are being told at pickup that we can either lose $500 of inncentive or pay an extra $384 on the x plan pricing. I realize it's not alot but it doesn't seem right and I haven't read of this happening to anyone else.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

My dealer held the pricing and honored the incentives that were in effect when I ordered. I did have a $750 coupon that they said since the paperwork was already done I would get a check in the mail from Ford. Havent received it yet, but its only been a week.

My dealer held the pricing and honored the incentives that were in effect when I ordered. I did have a $750 coupon that they said since the paperwork was already done I would get a check in the mail from Ford. Havent received it yet, but its only been a week.

Thank you for your response. Did you happen to have x plan pricing? My dealer said that because we had x plan, the could not sell the car at less than the x plan invoice price. Maybe that is true but to me it's a bad business practice to not honor the price agreed to on the buyers agreement.

Thank you for your response. Did you happen to have x plan pricing? My dealer said that because we had x plan, the could not sell the car at less than the x plan invoice price. Maybe that is true but to me it's a bad business practice to not honor the price agreed to on the buyers agreement.

I bought my Xplorer at (Xplan - discounts) about $1650 below invoice. Each dealer is different though. For example. I couldn't get the Extended Service or Extended Protection plan at the price I wanted. But they threw in a free alarm system. I figured the discounts were the same price as the EPP so I threw them a bone. Negotiate.

Yes, I was able to get the x-plan pricing.

I can tell you that when I picked up my X last night, they told me that a $500 incentive I had would not be honored but then they gave me another rebate for $750. Im sure it was the brochure rebate which I didn't have but they wanted to honor since they had to take the $500 away from us. Im sure i could have argued since Ford backs their rebates but we had such a great experience and they gave us almost 2% less on our interest rate so I was happy. And still am! The X is amazing. Trust me folks, good things come to those who wait.

I can tell you that when I picked up my X last night, they told me that a $500 incentive I had would not be honored but then they gave me another rebate for $750. Im sure it was the brochure rebate which I didn't have but they wanted to honor since they had to take the $500 away from us. Im sure i could have argued since Ford backs their rebates but we had such a great experience and they gave us almost 2% less on our interest rate so I was happy. And still am! The X is amazing. Trust me folks, good things come to those who wait.

It does not have to be an argument and even more important, if you do qualify for both, it does not affect the dealers bottom line as the money comes from Ford.

If you ordered before 4/4 you should get a 1,000 rebate. If your brochure (private offer) money that was in the system was dated before 4/4 you get both.

If your brochure (private offer) was dated after 4/4 than you get the $750 plus $500 that is the current rebate.

Your either missing out on $500 or $1000. That's enough for a nice weekend getaway with your new Explorer!

It does not have to be an argument and even more important, if you do qualify for both, it does not affect the dealers bottom line as the money comes from Ford.

If you ordered before 4/4 you should get a 1,000 rebate. If your brochure (private offer) money that was in the system was dated before 4/4 you get both.

If your brochure (private offer) was dated after 4/4 than you get the $750 plus $500 that is the current rebate.

Your either missing out on $500 or $1000. That's enough for a nice weekend getaway with your new Explorer!
I received $1250 in rebates. Plus I got my X for 44500 after tax title and license msrp of 47. I felt that was a good price for me. Plus 2.79% for 6 yrs. I got a $500 rebate plus a $750 rebate which worked for me. Plus they knocked off 1500 off of the extended warraty. I walked away feeling satisfied. Plus they threw in 4 free oil changes for having to wait 11 weeks. Im satisfied!

I received $1250 in rebates. Plus I got my X for 44500 after tax title and license msrp of 47. I felt that was a good price for me. Plus 2.79% for 6 yrs. I got a $500 rebate plus a $750 rebate which worked for me. Plus they knocked off 1500 off of the extended warraty. I walked away feeling satisfied. Plus they threw in 4 free oil changes for having to wait 11 weeks. Im satisfied!

So I'm betting they voided the $1000 you were eligible for when you ordered when the private offer became available for $750 and they combined that with the current $500 so in fact they did it right and got you an extra $250.

That does sound like a very good deal! Weekend getaway will be extra!:D

So I'm betting they voided the $1000 you were eligible for when you ordered when the private offer became available for $750 and they combined that with the current $500 so in fact they did it right and got you an extra $250.

That does sound like a very good deal! Weekend getaway will be extra!:D
I feel like it was. There will always be someone out there who got a better deal however, I feel like I am paying a good price for mine which is all that counts! haha. I am taking that weekend getaway you suggested sometime soon anyway!

Has anyone else gone to the dealer and been told that since the price has gone up and the incentive down (ordered on 3/29), that they can only honor one or the other? We are being told at pickup that we can either lose $500 of inncentive or pay an extra $384 on the x plan pricing. I realize it's not alot but it doesn't seem right and I haven't read of this happening to anyone else.

Picked up my X yesterday. Ordered on 3/30 when the public rebate was $1000. Also have $750 mail-in rebate. Although MSRP increased in April, the dealer honored the price we agreed and all the rebates I got. So I got both the rebate and price protection.

Ordered 3/19 Picked Up 5/16. Got $1,000 and free Tire Warranty (which I would not have paid for). After deal was processed, Dealer called and said they were submitting the $750 Rebate.

Generally pretty happy with deal. Was able to get in and out in 1 hour (had timer running while I was at Dealer). 41,120 sticker for 37,095.

Wait stinks!

I'm pissed with how long I'm waiting compared to everyone else. I ordered on 3/12 and I am being told that I have to wait 3 more weeks! The dealer wont guarantee my incentive or rebate either...

I'm pissed with how long I'm waiting compared to everyone else. I ordered on 3/12 and I am being told that I have to wait 3 more weeks! The dealer wont guarantee my incentive or rebate either...

Maybe the dealer plans to give you a 2012 EX. Just kidding

Don't sweat it. It's not up to the dealer. Ford has the incentive protection in place and there is a PDF document on this forum to prove it (search for it).

You can also call the marketing department and they will get involved and help you out. The dealer loses nothing so there is no reason they should fight you on it except for their lack of knowledge on the program which is new for 2011!

As far as the wait... well, can't help you there. It's definitely frustrating!

Thanks,

I'll look for the PDF.

Went and signed the papers yesterday... Dealer honored both the 1000 incentive and the 750 bonus cash, plus held the original pricing. It can be done, you just have to ask your dealer to do it.

Went and signed the papers yesterday... Dealer honored both the 1000 incentive and the 750 bonus cash, plus held the original pricing. It can be done, you just have to ask your dealer to do it.

I ordered on 3/29 on X-Plan, so I have the $1000 incentive and $500 owner loyalty (I'll be trading in a Mercury) and a nice price discount for the X-Plan. My wife just got the $750 brochure cash today - is it usable given all these other discounts? I'll ask the dealer in the morning, just thought I'd post this here to see what I should expect.

I ordered mine on 4/8, and I have a coupon that expired 4/16/11, so I'm assuming I can't use that coupon, right? It would be so nice to use that $750 coupon, and now there's a $1,000 (Bonus Cash Ford 2011 Conquest Direct Offer#33592—not sure what that is, but hoping somehow I can manuever my dealer into using it—expiration 7/5/11), another one is Bonus Cash Ford 2011 Early Order Bonus Customer Cash #33356 ($500—expiration 6/30/2011—not sure what this is either—I don't think I'll benefit from this as I don't know what is considered an "early order). I'm hoping to at least get a $500 rebate at time of pickup, but my dealer said that 6/6 is a very rough ETA.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I received that $750 private cash brochure, but at the bottom it says "Take new retail delivery from dealer stock between 02/15/2011 and 04/16/2011." We ordered on 4/8/2011, so I'm assuming that's not considered "dealer stock"?

Back