What's your status? | Page 20 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Ordered 4/22

VIN 4/29

Build 5/16

Told to expect 5-6 weeks total.

Window Sticker - 5/11 confirming build of 5/16.

Shipment method = Convoy

Update from the salesrep:

Shipped via truck night of 5/17.

It's making its way across Ohio right now.

ETA 5/23 (approx)

Looks like 5 weeks is going to be accurate.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Rocketfan.... I got word yesterday that my X arrived in Mira Loma (15 miles from my dealership) around noon. I'm hoping that it gets off that rail and onto a truck for the short ride over to my dealer before the weekend!!!!! If yours was on the same trip then I would think we are in good shape for 5/24 at the latest!!!!!

Thanks Moo26, the order has moved so quickly, I am really pleased. I am keeping my fingers crossed for both of us. I am also going to try to stop reading the stock 2011 Explorer forum as it can be a real downer (though understandable as the people who post on these kinds of forums are usually people with problems and issues they want to resolve and not the people enjoying their new Explorers). I really appreciate this forum because Ford customer service reps like Cory and Natasha are so on the ball that if we end up being one of the few unfortunate people with problems, there is somewhere we can get some real help.

I'm so excited for you, and just wondering why since I've ordered mine X on April 8th, and I'm still waiting for a VIN #. Tomorrow will be the 6th week of waiting. I'm reading these posts on here in hopes that someday I'll be able to post one like yours. I'm glad yours is coming your way. Haning in there, in Texas.

I'm so excited for you, and just wondering why since I've ordered mine X on April 8th, and I'm still waiting for a VIN #. Tomorrow will be the 6th week of waiting.

Yeah, I don't get it. I ordered 3/5 and I still have no delivery date. This weekend will be 11 weeks. Yet I see al these people who ordered later than me all taking delivery.

Just wondering...is there anyone in this thread who is still waiting and ordered before March 5? Or am I the longest at this point?

Man, I would be going crazy and wondering okay, who knows who and how can I start kissing ass. My dealer rep told me I would be in the 8 to 12 week range. It just doesn't make sense that you haven't received your vehicle yet. Where are you located, and is that the problem?

Yeah, I don't get it. I ordered 3/5 and I still have no delivery date. This weekend will be 11 weeks. Yet I see al these people who ordered later than me all taking delivery.

Just wondering...is there anyone in this thread who is still waiting and ordered before March 5? Or am I the longest at this point?

Where are you located, and is that the problem?

I'm only about 4 hours from the plant. My vehicle has allegedly been built (5/4 was the build date on the sticker) but it's just sitting somewhere, I guess. Probably waiting for a rail car to fill up or something.

My dealer told me ten weeks when I ordered. It's only been eleven, so it's not like it's been excessively delayed past what he told me (so far). But when I see other people saying how they ordered 6 weeks after me, were built 10 days after mine, and are already nearing delivery while mine is completely AWOL, I can't help but be sort of irritated. I realized that the process isn't that simple, but WTH?

I'm right there with you my friend. I ordered on 3/12 and its still in production. It will probably be 3 months by the time I get it and the incentives will have changed, the rebate will have expired, and now I find out that I could have gotten a 2012 a month later....

Im also in the same boat with you guys i ordered april 8 also and still have no vin. Called my dealer monday and he told me it will hopefully be in last week of June. He also said that they have been getting a vin for the 7 explorers they have on order every 1.5 to 2 weeks so i was 5 and if they are right i should have a vin in a week or two. But anyway WHO KNOWS! Just cant wait to finally get a vin. My wife is getting a little irritated and mentions getting a different vehicle but i dont want to so hopefully it starts to hurry.

NY XLT - they are already ordering 2012's??

Stopped by the dealership last night and got my current vehicle appraised. Sales guy told me that I had the $750 (which I already knew) and that the $1000 rebate from when I ordered would still be good. Should be picking up the truck tonight or maybe tomorrow morning!!!!!

Stopped by the dealership last night and got my current vehicle appraised. Sales guy told me that I had the $750 (which I already knew) and that the $1000 rebate from when I ordered would still be good. Should be picking up the truck tonight or maybe tomorrow morning!!!!!

Congratulations. I haven't heard from my dealer yet but until I get my lender's blank check (which I was expecting Monday), I can't go too crazy. Wow, an early delivery. Guess Gandalf was right

Ordered 4/20
Got Vin 5/12
Window sticker5/21
Build date 5/26
White LTD 4WD/Black interior-Everything but Tow package.
Hope the convoy Rolls!

SE PA.

Got a call today! My X is in, I'm picking it up on Monday! :)

My sticker finally showed up this morning!

order date 4/9
build date 5/27

:)

Went to sign papers yesterday and as I am signing them...... POOF my Ex rolls up on the truck!!! Will be picking it up today after the dealer gives it some love and attention!!!

Ordered 4/16
Delivered yesterday

Went to sign papers yesterday and as I am signing them...... POOF my Ex rolls up on the truck!!! Will be picking it up today after the dealer gives it some love and attention!!!

Congratulations Moo26. I guess our Explorers were not on the same truck as I got word Friday that my ETA got pushed back. Oh well, the process has been a lot quicker than I expected so far. However, given my new ETA, I will now start worrying about my $500 incentive and $750 brochure cash. Maybe the incentive in June will jump back to a $1000 :D

Enjoy your new Explorer

Ordered 4/7
Delivered 5/21
Picking up 5/23

Congratulations Moo26. I guess our Explorers were not on the same truck as I got word Friday that my ETA got pushed back. Oh well, the process has been a lot quicker than I expected so far. However, given my new ETA, I will now start worrying about my $500 incentive and $750 brochure cash. Maybe the incentive in June will jump back to a $1000 :D

Enjoy your new Explorer

Your incentives are protected/locked in by Ford. You will get what was in place when you ordered or if the incentives are better when you pick it up, you will get the better incentives.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Your incentives are protected/locked in by Ford. You will get what was in place when you ordered or if the incentives are better when you pick it up, you will get the better incentives.

I read that here but my dealer's last email said based on my eta, I would just squeeze in before the expiration date. I thought so too so didn't think about the comment at the time. I will probably use the extra time to work on my dealer about locking in the incentives

Back