• Register Today It's free!

back window

03XLT4X4

Reaction score
City, State
Alexandria,La
Year, Model & Trim Level
03 XLT
Ok guys here we go again Haha. My back pass. window Sony roll down I can hear power going to it but it won't go down. When I first bought it won't roll down played with the switch then it went down buy it won't do it again any ideas?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Here is a good thread to check out: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243401

Here is a great link for troubleshooting the power windows, it's for the '02 but should help out, thanks to theofam for this great link Dead Link Removed

Pinpoint Test E, starting on page 22 is for troubleshooting the rear passenger window. Page 25 outlines testing the rear passenger switch.

I downloaded it for future reference. I don't think it's available for download anymore. If you want I can email it to you, just shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll fire it off.

I have the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams for the '02. I can scan and send if needed.

Good luck with the fix. Electrical gremlins can be a huge PITA!

Here is a good thread to check out: http://www.explorerforum.com/forums/showthread.php?t=243401

Here is a great link for troubleshooting the power windows, it's for the '02 but should help out, thanks to theofam for this great link Dead Link Removed

Pinpoint Test E, starting on page 22 is for troubleshooting the rear passenger window. Page 25 outlines testing the rear passenger switch.

I downloaded it for future reference. I don't think it's available for download anymore. If you want I can email it to you, just shoot me a PM with your email address and I'll fire it off.

I have the workshop manuals and wiring diagrams for the '02. I can scan and send if needed.

Good luck with the fix. Electrical gremlins can be a huge PITA!

Thank you for your help looks like the post you sent me will help a lot. And it may take more than four beers to get thru this one Haha.

Pace yourself. I have found that if you want to enjoy more than 4 adult beverages, you need to slow down the work pace. Enjoy! :chug:

Pace yourself. I have found that if you want to enjoy more than 4 adult beverages, you need to slow down the work pace. Enjoy! :chug:

Haha I find that if you work slower that means you don't have to do it twice Haha.

When that happened to mine I did the push the switch to open the window and hit the bottom of the door panel with a rubber mallet or your fist several times trick till the window goes down.Now I open the window a little every other day and have had no problem in over a year.

Back