What's your status? | Page 21 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Spoke a little too soon! Just got home and Seni had PM'ed me with my VIN! Here's hoping the sticker follows soon! Have a feeling I'll be clicking "refresh" on the window sticker site an awful lot in the next days...

Window Sticker arrived Friday; build date of 5/25. Getting closer!:exp:

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Smr?

What does SMR mean?

Hi, new member. What is the guarantee mechanism (incentives protected by Ford)? How can I enforce what you describe??

Your incentives are protected/locked in by Ford. You will get what was in place when you ordered or if the incentives are better when you pick it up, you will get the better incentives.

Hi, new member. What is the guarantee mechanism (incentives protected by Ford)? How can I enforce what you describe??

Hey. Got the call! My EX has arrived. Picking it up this afternoon.

Ordered 3/5
VIN 4/15
Sticker 4/28
Built 5/4 (?)
Taking delivery 5/23

It's pouring rain here, I'm supposed to pick up my X at 1:30. I just put it off until 4 because it's supposed to clear up a little by then. I don't want to pick it up in the rain, but the weather here isn't looking so good all week, so I guess it doesn't really matter. Looking forward to getting it though!!

Thanks, makes sense now!

Ordered - 4/27
Vin - 5/2
Sticker - 5/16
Build Date - 5/21
Sync: Sync VersionGen2 - V2.8 (appeared 5/23)
ETA - ? (Hoping for before June 8)

Limited, Tuxedo Black, Med. Light Stone, Tow, Moon Roof, 20" Pol. Alum., DVD Headrests

syncmyride updated tonight (had checked earlier, but there was nothing there). Guess that's confirmation that it was actually built. :) Now just waiting on shipment and ETA....

Getting closer...but still not close enough....

I picked up my X today!! I LOVE it!!! :D

I picked up my X today!! I LOVE it!!! :D

Picked mine up today as well. Unfortunately it was a virtual monsoon here from the time I picked it up until...well, it still is. I sat in the garage and played with MFT though.

It rained all day here as well. It wasn't too bad when I picked 'her' up, now the storms are coming through. I played all day, so much to figure out!! Don't you love it??

Hey. Got the call! My EX has arrived. Picking it up this afternoon.

Ordered 3/5
VIN 4/15
Sticker 4/28
Built 5/4 (?)
Taking delivery 5/23

Glade you finally got your Explorer! Long time coming!

Glade you finally got your Explorer! Long time coming!

Its arrival was a complete surprise. I went from no estimated delivery date, to a surprise call at noon from the dealer. Fortunately I was able to get out of work a bit early and take delivery. No surprises at the dealer either. All was just as promised. :)

Its arrival was a complete surprise. I went from no estimated delivery date, to a surprise call at noon from the dealer. Fortunately I was able to get out of work a bit early and take delivery. No surprises at the dealer either. All was just as promised. :)

That's great!

At this point, I'm thinking on waiting till 6/1 even if it comes in before that to see what the incentives are. Normally, the incentives would be the best because the 2011 model year is over.

I'm looking to buy not lease so it makes a difference that I'm picking up a 2011 when 2012 are being ordered!

Is it worth the wait, and congrats on finally getting your X?

2011 Ex LTD sitting in Chicago for 3 weeks.

Ordered 3/30/2011 from dealer allotment, dealer said it would be delivered week of May 9th based on his reports, it didn't happen.
C.S. confirmed it was released for shipping on May 3th in Chicago to Milwaukee (90 miles), it's been sitting there since.
Dealer (new car salesmanager) has not returned my two phone calls. Games being played?
I know it's not as long as others have waited, but I sure hate being assured of delivery then it not happen.
Good Luck and believe it when you see it.

W.T.H. Ford?

:(

Mine arrived 6 weeks after I ordered. It was built the week of May 9th and got to the dealership on May 20th. I wonder why some people have to wait so long. That doesn't make any sense. I would call Ford directly and ask what's going on!! :mad:

Ordered 5/9. Window sticker up today 5/24. Build date according to window sticker 5/31. SO PUMPED

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Ford explorer "stop shipment" order

I just got off the phone with Ford CS. I was told there was a "stop shipment" order placed on the 2011 Explorers. The CS person did not have specific details (other than possibly another reinspection etc). Sounds like troubles are ahead. Congrats to all that have theirs, hope the problems are resolved for you! :(

Back