Cross Traffic, blind spot and light on mirror | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Cross Traffic, blind spot and light on mirror

Randys1

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 explorer
How does my blind spot cross traffic alert work, is it related to that round yellow or orange light in my outside mirror?

Or is it a beeping sound like when backin up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

How does my blind spot cross traffic alert work, is it related to that round yellow or orange light in my outside mirror?

Or is it a beeping sound like when backin up?
The functions of both the BLIS and CTA systems is described in detail in your Owner's Manual. The BLIS warning is the orange light in the mirror and the beep is from the CTA which will also indicate whether traffic is coming from the right or left. I believe they both use the same sensors located on the bumper behind the rear wheels. The manual has diagrams of each alert.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7jqTfpbXrnA

ok, so what i dont remember is if there is one of these little lights on each mirror, i will have to check

and Peter, I have no doubt that it is in the owners manual, where I have looked several times for several things, but the reason this forum exists, lets be honest, is for people to ask these exact type questions so they dont have to bother with the manual

thanks for responding

one of my other questions is when i go to mysync

i see this on my vehicle

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AL
BT4T-14F496-AN
BT4T-14F497-AL
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AL

which means my brand new vehicle does NOT have version 2.8, even though they did an update the day I picked it up about7 days ago, so i guess i have to either update it myself using my laptop or make an appt

ok, so what i dont remember is if there is one of these little lights on each mirror, i will have to check
There is a BLIS indicator light on both mirrors. Also your backup sensors deliver a beep while the CTA has a different sound. Try it with the Ex in reverse, foot on the brake, and have someone approach the vehicle from the side. My salesman showed me that when I took delivery.

and Peter, I have no doubt that it is in the owners manual, where I have looked several times for several things, but the reason this forum exists, lets be honest, is for people to ask these exact type questions so they dont have to bother with the manual

thanks for responding

one of my other questions is when i go to mysync

i see this on my vehicle

Sync VersionGen2 - V2.7
Confirmed installations
BT4T-14D546-AL
BT4T-14F496-AN
BT4T-14F497-AL
SYNC compatible software
BT4T-14F603-AL

which means my brand new vehicle does NOT have version 2.8, even though they did an update the day I picked it up about7 days ago, so i guess i have to either update it myself using my laptop or make an appt

Sync updates are only done by the dealer currently.

well i just did what mysync says to do, usb into computer, click on this or that

then input it in car, say install, then come back to computer install usb and tell it that it is done

but you may be right because mysync info page still shows 2.7 and there is a 2.8 as i understand it

well i just did what mysync says to do, usb into computer, click on this or that

then input it in car, say install, then come back to computer install usb and tell it that it is done

but you may be right because mysync info page still shows 2.7 and there is a 2.8 as i understand it

To get 2.8 you must go to the dealer.

I have no doubt that it is in the owners manual, where I have looked several times for several things, but the reason this forum exists, lets be honest, is for people to ask these exact type questions so they dont have to bother with the manual

I think your assumption about this forum is slightly off base. People around here are very nice, but if you continue to ask questions that are found in the owners manual, please don't be surprised if people continue to refer you there.

To get 2.8 you must go to the dealer.

yeah, and it is a gigantic pain for me to do that, 30 miles away, etc

i wonder what improvements there are

I think your assumption about this forum is slightly off base. People around here are very nice, but if you continue to ask questions that are found in the owners manual, please don't be surprised if people continue to refer you there.

sounds like this is a forum solely for ford owners to tell each other how much they love their fords, not ask questions or even complain for that matter

sorry, but i have posted more on internet message boards than any 10 of you combined can imagine, from flyertalk to timezone to a dozen political boards to many many more, and i will never get over the people that will take their time to stop what they are doing to criticize someone for asking a question they could have found the answer to if they had done a search

instead of ignoring the question, as I always do, they take the time to criticize people for using the internet and that particular board to do exactly what it exists for in the first place...

pet peeve of mine :thumbsup:

is there an open part here, non ford talk, i will look around...ignore me, i dont want to upset anyone, most here are probably not veteran board folk like me with built up pet peeves... - i notice ford pays attention here, that is cool, nice to have them here to help out

No problem. I know that sometimes when a question comes up, the manual isn't always handy. The only time mine was in the glovebox was when I drove the Ex home from the dealer. If it's not in the living room, it is right here at the computer. It is surprising the amount of material that is in it. I've read it through a few times and still find myself going back to check on different things. Ford should offer a short 1/2 day course for new owners! :D

Peterk9,I down loaded all the Explorer manuals to my pc.Nice to have at hand for a Quick lookup.

Back