Sync My Ride | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sync My Ride

Just to let you folks know I went to dealer Monday about the VIN issue. What they did was just run a health report and said that should do it to wait 24-48hrs.

I waited 24hrs and Tuesday eve tried it, still same VIN issue. Then this morning (T+40hrs) I tried it again on syncmyride and presto!!! No more VIN issues, signed up and everything is coming up roses!

So bottom line is, my be longer than 24hrs but at least in my case the Health Report cured the problems with my VIN!

Happy Camper!:D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine showed up today too but my vehicle is not shipped yet.

I called today to check on an ETA and was informed that my Explorer was just "re-released" and they are waiting on a new ETA.

Previously, I was getting invalid VIN when I logged onto syncmyride so maybe they made changes?

I tried the VHR twice with no success. Out of the blue, I checked the website today and all is well. Neither of my VHR sessions are listed, but no more VIN errors.

Same here. Mine showed up for the first time this morning. They must have updated something.

Same boat for me.... Must have been something on Syncmyride.....

Same here. Did a VHR this morning and an hour later the VIN was validated.

Ahhhhhhh.....so that's what happened!

Also saw my MFT said "...updating..." something or other this morning. Maybe it just rebooted? Seemed to be more responsive too, probably needed a reboot real bad.;)

Same here. All working well as of last night, but the previous VHR I ran did not show up. Ran another VHR this morning, and when I got to work to check the web page, there it was. Very nice!

hi, i took delivery 2 weeks ago, synch my ride did not work when i set it up. Had similar issues validating VIN, etc., as many of you have experienced.

This morning, after reading some posts here i decided to go to synchmyride and voila, it works - no issues other then the fact that VHR is not available in Canada, but I knew that already.

Not sure why it suddenly started working, but everything is their - shows date of install, etc. MFT Gen2, version 2.8 was installed 4/14 and updated 5/20 (although i am not sure how it updated as i never did anything - does it do it through my mobile phone)

Same boat for me.... Must have been something on Syncmyride.....
I’m really glad you’re not having the issue any more. Please let me know if there are any other items you would like me to look into!

Cory

Mine showed up today too but my vehicle is not shipped yet.

I called today to check on an ETA and was informed that my Explorer was just "re-released" and they are waiting on a new ETA.

Previously, I was getting invalid VIN when I logged onto syncmyride so maybe they made changes?
I’ve been in contact with the SYNC Support team for this issue but I haven’t been sent any details about this. I’ll keep you posted if I hear anything!

Cory

Ahhhhhhh.....so that's what happened!

Also saw my MFT said "...updating..." something or other this morning. Maybe it just rebooted? Seemed to be more responsive too, probably needed a reboot real bad.;)
I’m really glad to hear it! Sometimes all that’s needed as a fresh reboot! Please feel free to message me if you run into any other issues you would like help with in the future!

Cory

I took delivery on 5/5 and still have the 'validate VIN' error. I successfully uploaded a VHR, waited the required 24 hrs...now it's been 3 weeks, still nothing. No problems with SYNC, MFT or Travel Links...everything works great. I was told from one SYNC rep that the VIN needs to be uploaded to the SYNC database since the factory forgot to do it. (I wonder what else the factory forgot to do, hope my wheels don't fall off!) I went to the dealer with a copy of the chat I had with the SYNC rep telling me I needed to have the APIM scanned to the SYNC database. I was told by the service rep that they never heard of this and have no idea on what to do or how to scan it! They told me it could take a day or more to fix since they first have to find out from Ford what to do. I understand this was a joint effort between Ford & Microsoft and any new product has bugs but Ford really needs to address this and take action fast before these SYNC issues become 'Toyota's Floormat' issue for Ford. I wrote a PM to Cory to see if he can investigate this and awaiting his reply.
I’ve been keeping tabs on this issue for you, and I wanted to check in to see if you have spoken with the dealer since our last messages. I’m happy to help with this if you would like.

Cory

Fun. Everytime I use IE9 even today, I get the error message must use a supported browser. Every other website works. I chatted with sync support a couple minutes ago they said ignore any error messages, thaty it's just a glitch on their side.
I’ve been in contact with the SYNC team about the compatibility issue you experienced with IE9, but did you try to use another browser?

Cory

IE9 could not get it to work. Used compatability mode and got a little further but still would not complete version checker.

Used Firefox and it worked. I did the Vehicle Health report with no luck.

After using Firefox to download the checker, I still had a problem with vin but I was given the options to select preferred dealer etc. After doing that, I was able to validate VIN.

Since then, Sync has been working well.
I’m glad you were able to switch over to Firefox and successfully validate the VIN! Please let me know if you have anything else you would like me to look into for you!

Cory

I had the same problem and Sync reps told me to take to dealer and have APIM flashed and it would fix the problem. I haven't done that yet, but when I logged into today VOILA! All is good now.

VIN is validated and VHR show up.

Why not just admit it was on their end, or if it wasn't then just say to wait a week. I almost wasted a a bunch of time taking it to the dealer.

I finally took delivery yesterday and can't validate my VIN. I was told by someone at Ford I was able to online chat with that I need to go back to the dealer to have the system "reflashed". Called the dealer, and of course they can't do on a Saturday and say they need about 5-6 hours to do this because they often have to start over and over because of the way it's delivered via Internet.

Annoying.

I was able to send a vehicle health report yesterday, but that didn't fix it. Ford says reflash. I guess I have to do it.
I’m sorry this was an annoying experience but I just verified from the SYNC team that this has now been resolved! The SYNC web support team has corrected the issue so the issue should occur any more. However, if you do still run into a problem, please let me know through PM so I can look into it.

Cory

Windows IE 9 does work with SyncMyRide, I have it. I also own a 2011 Ford Fusion and have no problems downloading Status Checker, performing downloads and updates, viewing Vehicle Health Reports, etc.
I just received word from the SYNC Support team that the compatibility with IE9 was an issue but is has been fixed. If you had the problem, try it again and it should work. If it still doesn’t work for you, please call the SYNC team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) or message me and I can look into it.

Cory

I had the same problem and Sync reps told me to take to dealer and have APIM flashed and it would fix the problem. I haven't done that yet, but when I logged into today VOILA! All is good now.

VIN is validated and VHR show up.

Why not just admit it was on their end, or if it wasn't then just say to wait a week. I almost wasted a a bunch of time taking it to the dealer.
Had my vehicle at the dealership to get it re-sync'd to the Ford computer. Sync hooked up right afterward.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back