DVD Headrest and other options questions | Page 4 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DVD Headrest and other options questions

OK... if it did, I might rethink adding it to my order.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OK... if it did, I might rethink adding it to my order.

They aren't actually "factory installed".. they are just a factory order option, they are shipped separately to the dealer who installs them after delivery. They are 100% independent of the in-dash system.

Then I would probably rather use an iPad or some other DVD players that hang on the headrest.

• Sure I would spend less than $2K
  • Can remove so thief's would be less likely to break in
  • Maybe I can find ones that play Blue Ray just to cover the Blue Ray movies we already have and will be buying in the future.

DVD Question

Totally random and probably VERY lame but can I play Blu-Ray DVDs on the DVD players in my new Explorer???

Nope. You could plug a bluray player into the video inputs on the DVD players, but you can't just put the disc in the players.

That's what I thought....so, looks like I should be keeping the Blu-Ray Tangled in the house and get a regular version for the car...crud!

Yes we always buy the combo versions ourselves. We typically have the kdis on their own little DVD players at various times and blue ray is not yet there or affordable technology...

Oh yeah, I forgot about the combos. I'm off to check to see if I bought Tangled as a combo. My daughter is getting it in her Easter basket (last I heard from the bunny ;) and I know it's going to be the first DVD she'll want to watch in the new car!

Doesn't the video picture quality also depend on the technical specs of the monitors?

By that I mean regardless of the source being Blueray (1080P) if the monitors cant handle that input the signal would be down scaled wouldnt it?

Yay, Tangled is a combo pack!!!!

Doesn't the video picture quality also depend on the technical specs of the monitors?

By that I mean regardless of the source being Blueray (1080P) if the monitors cant handle that input the signal would be down scaled wouldnt it?

I don't think anyone expects bluray quality/resolution from the headrest DVD. I think people are more concerned with buying 2 versions of the same movie to satisfy home/vehicle use.

I don't think anyone expects bluray quality/resolution from the headrest DVD. I think people are more concerned with buying 2 versions of the same movie to satisfy home/vehicle use.

Then the combo pack is best

Reg DVD for Explorer DVD system

BlueRay for home DVD system

Digital copy for iPad

Glad you have it. In my response I almost mentioned that it hasn't been an issue for us since most of the movies the kids would watch we are picking up on combo pack.

Disney is no dummy :)

That's what I thought....so, looks like I should be keeping the Blu-Ray Tangled in the house and get a regular version for the car...crud!

Tangled is awesome!! Definitely worth getting a car copy!

~Seni

P.S. This thread should be renamed "Tangled for Explorer!"

Hey! i'm new here and a have a few questions i was hoping you guys could help me with. this seems to be the go to place for explorer questions

My dad picked up a explorer limited 301A package. Along with that, he ordered the DVD headrests as well. When we picked it up, we noticed that the headrests were a different brand than we were expecting. I thought we were supposed to get Invision headrests, but we were instead provided with Rosen headrests. the quality of the headrest is not good at all and looks horrible in the car. I asked them about it and they said it was the same thing, but after further investigation, it seems these units are sub par to the Invision ones. What can i do to get the correct ones installed? he has been in possession of the vehicle for 2 months, but he hasn't really used the DVD system. i'm kind of annoyed that the dealer gave us ****ty headrests and then tried to play them off as the correct ones.

also, are you supposed to be able to control the DVD player with mysync? or is it only controllable from the back?

my last question is about the 302a spec package. dad wanted the 302 package, but they didnt have it, and they had just received a 301 package in the color combo he wanted. is it possible to add the options you get from the 302 package in the future like the parking assist or the adaptive cruise control? or can you only get them as part of the package?

thanks for the replies, i appreciate the help.

Hey! i'm new here and a have a few questions i was hoping you guys could help me with. this seems to be the go to place for explorer questions

My dad picked up a explorer limited 301A package. Along with that, he ordered the DVD headrests as well. When we picked it up, we noticed that the headrests were a different brand than we were expecting. I thought we were supposed to get Invision headrests, but we were instead provided with Rosen headrests. the quality of the headrest is not good at all and looks horrible in the car. I asked them about it and they said it was the same thing, but after further investigation, it seems these units are sub par to the Invision ones. What can i do to get the correct ones installed? he has been in possession of the vehicle for 2 months, but he hasn't really used the DVD system. i'm kind of annoyed that the dealer gave us ****ty headrests and then tried to play them off as the correct ones.

also, are you supposed to be able to control the DVD player with mysync? or is it only controllable from the back?

my last question is about the 302a spec package. dad wanted the 302 package, but they didnt have it, and they had just received a 301 package in the color combo he wanted. is it possible to add the options you get from the 302 package in the future like the parking assist or the adaptive cruise control? or can you only get them as part of the package?

thanks for the replies, i appreciate the help.

Well I can tell you about the headrests.
I was in the other day talking to the sales manger and he starts talking about an Ex that had just come in and got DVD installed. Ford has a guy that goes around to dealers and installs them(employee?/subcontractor?). He said the headrests didn't match(looks). The installer said thats what Ford sent him.
Manager said now I have to call customer and tell him he can not come in to pick up Ex and have to call Ford rep to get this straightened. Don't know what ever happened but was impressed that my dealer would not let the vehicle go to the customer because they didn't like it.

I would PM Cory (Ford Cus. Svc) on this forum. He should be able to help you.

Cool thanks. Anyone have any ideas about my.other question regarding the options from the 302 package?

The Invision Headrests are the only Ford Licensed DVD system

Rosen is not

If you paid for the Ford DVD option only accept the Invision system because the Invision warranty matches the Explorer 3/36 warranty.

What did you pay?

As was suggested above go through Ford Customer Service

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back