2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa! | Page 30 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

2011 All Ford Nationals, June 3-5 Carlisle Pa!

Where do you want to go wheeling for the 2011 AFN's?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mmmm sake. Goes good with 7-up. Maybe I'll pick up a few bottles for the weekend.

Do eeet! We have a bottle of the good Saki here, and Rookie told me how to make Saki bombs :)

Nos, we all get to Carlisle at different times on Friday so your best bet is just to head in to the showfield and park. The staff will guide you as to where, but I can tell you the best way to get in is to come up from the south (I-81) on Hanover road because if you try to come in on Harrisburg Pike/Route 11 you may be sitting in traffic for HOURS. We sat there for 4 one time!

As for the rest of the weekend:
Friday day, hang out and hunt through the parts area
Friday night, party at the hotle with the Mach crew for the potluck dinner
Saturday day, hang out and look at cars
Saturday evening, dinner again with the Mach crew then drive north to Freeland. (We'll probably be beat from the day's events and just chill)
Sunday day, FOURWHEELING!
Sunday evening, bbq at our place
Monday (for those staying), probably gonna be tooling around the garage.

Do eeet! We have a bottle of the good Saki here, and Rookie told me how to make Saki bombs :)

Nos, we all get to Carlisle at different times on Friday so your best bet is just to head in to the showfield and park. The staff will guide you as to where, but I can tell you the best way to get in is to come up from the south (I-81) on Hanover road because if you try to come in on Harrisburg Pike/Route 11 you may be sitting in traffic for HOURS. We sat there for 4 one time!

As for the rest of the weekend:
Friday day, hang out and hunt through the parts area
Friday night, party at the hotle with the Mach crew for the potluck dinner
Saturday day, hang out and look at cars
Saturday evening, dinner again with the Mach crew then drive north to Freeland. (We'll probably be beat from the day's events and just chill)
Sunday day, FOURWHEELING!
Sunday evening, bbq at our place
Monday (for those staying), probably gonna be tooling around the garage.

Sounds good. Thanks. Ill keep the traffic in mind.

Couple more days and the Ex will be ready for the trip(s) :)

what is your mental malfunction son?!?!

and it's Saki... S..A..K..I

dick :p:

yea, but hes right, you did say it....

We will probably have some fireworks.. We'll just have to make sure a certain person doesn't put them upside down in the mortar tube.

Mustangs are polished and sitting in the garage waiting..just have to do a little detail work under the hood on the Mach.

We will probably have some fireworks.. We'll just have to make sure a certain person doesn't put them upside down in the mortar tube.

*cough*linds*cough*

33394_1540852443242_1292876913_31575914_6503196_n.jpg

Yup thats it.. I still got the burn marks on my leg from it.. lol

Yes, I'm going dana 30. I do want to get a newer one without the vacuum engage, but Booger will remain a daily driver, and might only get 33's with decent travel.

We are still a go at this point. If something comes up, I'll be sure to update

Yes, I'm going dana 30. I do want to get a newer one without the vacuum engage, but Booger will remain a daily driver, and might only get 33's with decent travel.

You may want to check over this Thread it's a D30 swap. Good luck.

OK, I mean this as nicely as possible, Please do more research. You do not need a different d30 housing to rid yourself of the vac. A little hunting would show how you can use a long side shaft from a diff vehicle and just cover the port. There is almost NO cost difference between a d30 and a d44. There is however HUGE strength differences. Now the d30 also runs drive flanges and unit bearings from the factory. To put a set of manual hubs on (almost required for an explorer in this case) is VERY expensive. Once done you will have small bearings that will not hold up well to the weight of the explorer on decent size tires. Then there is the brakes. Sock jeep brakes are small. And designed to stop stock tires on a vehicle weighing less than the heavy explorers. Some areas the d30 might survive under an explorer but not here. We end up with needing wheel speed sometimes and get some hop. THe 30 will grenade in a heart beat. If you put a locker in it there is almost no chance. If you want to discuss your plans some I am happy to help in any way possible. I will PM you my number.

AGAIN NO MATTER WHAT PLEASE DO NOT EVEN CONSIDDER A DANA 30. IT WILL MAKE YOU THE ANCHOR

Edit, I just now saw your PMs from before. Wish I saw them earlier. We can talk about all that.

Edge is done....off to carlisle.

Attachments

• photo.JPG
    photo.JPG
    105.9 KB · Views: 167

Holy crap. thats freakin nice!

just got into PA a few hours ago. had a bite to eat with tara.....and spent almost $400 in fuel getting here.......

OMG Adam, PLEASE come do Morgan next...!!!

Well, as usual, pre-Carlisle repairs are going to be dangerously close to last minute for me :rolleyes: Skunk and I spent the entire day organizing the garage and getting rid of two sport-fulls of junk just so you guys won't laugh and point fingers when you get here :p: That, and I ended up helping him try to weasel his doubler into place in order to get his truck wheelable... to anyone with a newer second gen, you will need to do massive amounts of trimming and denting to get that sucker to line up!

Gonna take my 36's to work with me on Wednesday to *try* and get them mounted, and the trans mount & polishing will be a Thursday night deal since I still have to get the last room in the house put away in order to have maximum sleeping space. Speaking of, please bring a towel (for showering) and an inflatable mattress if you have one- we have have two twin inflatables, one queen size bed and a full size pull out plus 3 sleeping bags and a billion blankets/pillows, but extras would be a good thing.

are you still coming on thrus. night lindsy? your more then welcome to crash in the room with tara and i

Fireworks bill for just my share.. $250.. Can we say blow some **** up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

OMG Adam, PLEASE come do Morgan next...!!!

Drop it off Lindsy, Me and the porter cable are more then willing to tackle it.

Ben $250 bucks? Damn, remind me to never invite you on our annual trip down when they have buy one get one for 1 dollar sale.

An I feel bad for Lindsy's neighborers, might want to figure out who are the people to ***** first and make nice with them, lol.

Thanks for the compliment Rookie.

Back