Ford should be ashamed | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ford should be ashamed

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

30 second startup would be a dream. Mine can take ten minutes or more. It locks up constantly. It freezes in the middle of operation. The AC goes full blast for no reason, or shuts of completely with controls unavailable. The nav system locks out mid cycle and won't catch up to where you're going for ten minutes. It reverts AM radio, which I never use, when starting up. It won't play my iPod, even though songs and album art show up.

You're obviously having a different experience.

Mine sucks.
You’re right that it sounds like your experiences are very frustrating. I had your Explorer’s details from previous communication so I sent you a PM with the additional information I would need to have this reviewed for you. Please check your inbox if you haven’t already.

Cory

You are one with some legitiment problems.PM Corey ,and I know for a fact,you will be helped.A little patience is helpful,Corey is a busy man,but he will get the job done.
Thank you so much for that huge boost of encouragement. Your recommendation is greatly appreciated and you’re correct that I do everything I can to help.

Cory

I HATE the MyTouch system. I would love to buy an explorer or an edge but unfortunately I need to get the mytouch to get bluetooth.
It’s unfortunate that you feel that way about the MyFord Touch system. Is there any specific feedback you would like me to forward about it you don’t like? Feel free to message me with any details you wouldn’t like to publicly post.

Cory

You’re right that it sounds like your experiences are very frustrating. I had your Explorer’s details from previous communication so I sent you a PM with the additional information I would need to have this reviewed for you. Please check your inbox if you haven’t already.

Cory

No PM's yet.

Also, unable to use the syncmyride website for a few days.

Wow, somebody had a 95 Expo that wasn't a lemon??? Ha ha ha, it was by far the biggest POS that I ever owned. Fuel problems, ignition problems, and all the parts were 3-4x the price of the same parts for a 96-98. I replaced the 95 with a 98 and never looked back.

I tried to sell my old '97 to the new owner of my old '95 to get it back. My '95 was as trouble free as any original equipment Ex could be at 230K+ when I sold it. The most expensive thing I replaced was a radiator, and that was preventative. Some were crap, but certainly not all. Heck- I still wish I had it, 3 other Explorers later.

Flat out: people want convenience. It sounds like an amazing system when everything works, but when it doesn't, all hell breaks loose. My Pioneer head unit takes about 20 seconds to start up before I hear music/anything. Its not convenient for them to have to wait 30 seconds or so. They don't realize it (summed up) is basically a full blown computer system, they want all these features but want it to be like a normal bland car stereo that turns on and is ready in 2 seconds.

Best statement yet. I don't have a new Ex yet as we're waiting for the bugs to get worked out, but the time thing is ridiculous- you're running a virtual PC. Expecting the thing to turn on and do what it can do in a few seconds is ridiculous. I remember when dial-up seemed fast for the info I could get online. Then DSL was fast. Then it seemed like 30 seconds took forever, and I needed cable internet. That's the rub here.

It's not a radio that can run a phone, navi, climate control, and other stuff. It's a mini-PC that can run the climate control, run navigation if equipped, and also has a radio function. BIG difference.

But- I agree that the system is buggy, and not polished yet. I don't think Ford had a choice but to put it out when it did, but some of the other issues like the roof and pillars should hopefully be resolved on the 2012 with revised weatherstripping and backer strip. (at least I hope so)

As for this:

preach on brother!! unfortunately... all of our outcries and legitmete gripes won't get us any more than some Ford "Customer rep" on here who will respond with a series of hollow apologies and half assed attempts to 'sooth' us jaded new Ford owners. If you're lucky they'll respond w/ a number to customer relations who will sit patiently and listen to your gripes and laugh in the backgroud as they have pocketed our 40 grand! cheers =/

^ That's ridiculous ^

When I reach out to assist, I really do want to help. I’m here to make sure you’re happy with your purchase and I encourage anyone with issues to message me with their Explorer’s information so I can escalate their concern.

Cory

^ That's true ^

People that have been around should remember poor Marielle, and her baptism by Fire(stone) :D. Well, the inadequate answers available for Marielle to give from the powers and their reconsidering what type of person(people) were providing answers here and the communication of those frustrations from Marielle to Ford- led directly to the forum getting Seni, Cory, and the rest of the customer service crew (whomever is lucky enough to be monitoring) who have been very forthcoming and proactive to getting answers for a LOT of new Explorer owners on the forum. While it's easy to dish out the usual "they just give you a number so you can die on hold..." answer, that is absolutely not what it happening here.

2.8 MFT and iPod Voice Control

Corey-

I'm having severe problems voice controlling my iPod and iPhone. I'll say "play genre country' and it will completely ignore it. It won't play any genre at all. When I first got it, I would say "play genre country' and it would play my comedy songs. Yesterday I said "play artist adam sandler' and it would play nsync. It did this consistently 5 times in a row.

Something needs to be fixed. The voice control for iPods and iPhones is basically non-functional. I have given up. When i first took delivery on friday it would at least 'play genre rap' correctly. Now it wont do anything voice wise.

I've tried doing a master reset, using SYNC my iTunes, re-indexing the iPod or iPhone, rebooting the iPod or iPhone (tried both devices).

This feature flat out doesn't work at all. I'm on sync 2.8 on a 2011 explorer limited.

-Ryan

Corey-

I'm having severe problems voice controlling my iPod and iPhone. I'll say "play genre country' and it will completely ignore it. It won't play any genre at all. When I first got it, I would say "play genre country' and it would play my comedy songs. Yesterday I said "play artist adam sandler' and it would play nsync. It did this consistently 5 times in a row.

Something needs to be fixed. The voice control for iPods and iPhones is basically non-functional. I have given up. When i first took delivery on friday it would at least 'play genre rap' correctly. Now it wont do anything voice wise.

I've tried doing a master reset, using SYNC my iTunes, re-indexing the iPod or iPhone, rebooting the iPod or iPhone (tried both devices).

This feature flat out doesn't work at all. I'm on sync 2.8 on a 2011 explorer limited.

-Ryan

What OS are you running on your iPhone and iPod?

4.3.2 on the iPhone, and 1.3 on iPod Video 30gb 5th gen

4.3.2 on the iPhone, and 1.3 on iPod Video 30gb 5th gen

4.3.3 is the most current, at least on my iPh4, but doubt upgrading to the latest OS will help you. I think its a quirk of Apple. Even before MFT, iPhones behaved quirky with Sync.

Does the phone portion work properly?

The phone works great, although frequent disconnects with bluetooth, but I'm aware that Apple's bluetooth sucks.

It's the iPod playback that frustrates me the most. Ford should not be quoting that sync voice control works with iPods or media players because it doesnt 90% of the time.

My iPod plays fine, no issues there. iPhone plays fine as well. Both devices have problems with voice control by MFT/Sync.

If a device is Made for iPod/iPhone (which MFT/SYNC is), the devices that use a dock connector will work- I used to work for the sharper image on iPhone speakers/docks.

Just need that 30 pin connector and you're fine. a 5G iPod is essentially an iPod classic with an older body.

Any word if the major update will fix these voice issues?

Curiosity for those who have longer boot times.

When I start my ex, and within 5 seconds put it in reverse, I have a working back up camera. Do you? Granted, I have usually seem MFT up and active within a second or two of turning the key...but I appear to be a bit luckier than most.

When I start my ex, and within 5 seconds put it in reverse, I have a working back up camera. Do you? Granted, I have usually seem MFT up and active within a second or two of turning the key...but I appear to be a bit luckier than most.

Try entering an address or making a voice command and see how long before you get the ding ding...

4.3.3 is the most current, at least on my iPh4, but doubt upgrading to the latest OS will help you. I think its a quirk of Apple. Even before MFT, iPhones behaved quirky with Sync.

Does the phone portion work properly?

Iphone voice recognition is horrific. I tried using it a few times. It was late at night, I said play Danzig. It CALLED a girl in my phone book whose name starts with D and doesnt sound at all like Danzig.

I hurredly hung up and had to explain why I was making late night calls at 3am the next morning. That sucked.

As for Sync it will get better. It is still an infant. Just imagine if everyone threw out their PC's in the 80's or the industry stopped at the commadore 64.

I am a 'not so happy' owner of a 2011 Limited and I have to admit - I've never been this unhappy with a new vehicle purchase.

I don't remember in recent history having been so excited to take delivery of a new car. That feeling sure didn't last long though.

I don't know where to begin...

The MFT is a disgrace. There should be a class action lawsuit against Ford for shoving something so full of bugs down our throats. This is the main reason I bought this car and is now the reason I dislike it so much.

I drive about 800 miles a week and am in and out of the car 20-30 times a day. Any idea how frustrating it gets having to wait for the MFT to become ready every time I start the car?

I get Navigation faults usually at least once a day, sometime more. I have to remove the SD card and re-insert it several times to clear the error.

The recent destinations seem to get reset on a regular basis. This is a frequently used option for me and pretty much unusable.

I had my dealer do the upgrade to 2.7 and noticed no improvement. They tell me I am only allowed one more update at no cost so why would I take it in for the 2.8 upgrade when the bugs aren't apparently fixed yet?

Another reason I was so excited for this vehicle was for the Verizon wireless card support. Is this ever going to work? Isn't this false advertising?

Occasionally the screen is black when I start the car. Sometimes I have success pulling over, shutting the car off, opening and closing the door to totally power the vehicle off and then re-start it. Sometimes it takes several cycles to get it turned on.

you do know that mft was made byMicrosoft right:D

The camera is routed directly to the screen via video cable. It doesn't require MFT to run. It's not relying on the system boot up that can be painfully slow.

Here's a question: How come MFT doesn't begin the boot up process when you remote start the car? That might help things along. I still have to get in and push the start button for the system to begin booting up. Bad design.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No PM's yet.

Also, unable to use the syncmyride website for a few days.
I appreciate for letting me know that the message didn’t go through. I believe I only hit preview instead of send. I re-sent the message and you should have it now. Also, I’ve been told that it’s a known issue that the website is having and the SYNC web support team has been working to resolve it. Thank you.

Cory

Back