• Register Today It's free!

ABS Light is on

Rar

Reaction score
City, State
Winnipeg, Manitoba
Year, Model & Trim Level
2002 Explorer EB
Can anyone tell me why my ABS Light has come on after changing a Front Wheel Hub Assy. The Light was not on before the changeover. The replacement Hub Assy. is a new replacement.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I am pretty sure that the Harness is hooked in properly. Now, I know that in the Manuals they always suggest to yuo to disconnect the Battery, I neglected to do this before the changeover. Would this have anything to do with it.

Yes, I still have the old sensor/hub. I had attempted to remove the Old Sensor and was unsure on how to dislodge it from the Hub, after I removed the screw.

I have attempted to attach a photo of a similar hub assembly, not sure how well this will work out, if it works out.

Attachments

• Frt. Hub Assy 02 Exp..jpg
    Frt. Hub Assy 02 Exp..jpg
    11 KB · Views: 235

I switched out the Harness (ABS Sensor) with the Old one and it made no difference. Light came back on and is staying on. Can not figure out what changing the Hub would have to do with causing the ABS Light to come on.

get the code checked.
it could be a broken wire some where.
mine came on just like your did and i enede up having a broken wire for the rear sensor that sits in the differential.

Is it possible that the timing was that exact that when I changed the Front Hub Assembly a Fault showed up from a different Sensor. I will look into having the Code checked.

Had the Code checked and it has to do with the very Hub that I replaced. The Code claims that my Sensor is not functioning properly. The Mechanic claims that he has heard that when you replace one Hub that for some reason the Sensor malfunctions because it is reading at a different rate than the Side that was not replaced and suggests that I replace the other side. Anyone heard this, what kinda crap is that, or is it.

Well, it looks like the issue was with the new replacement Hub. I bought another new one and installed it and the Light is now off. I guess the first new one was faulty. Thanks for all of you input.

Back