Naches Ranger District Closure Till June 15th | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches Ranger District Closure Till June 15th

Phil and I are heading east Sunday to "scout" Cle Elum Ranger district area right up to the edge of Naches Ranger district

Huh? What??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

have fun in the snow and take lots of pic's!

Yep, lots and lots of snow still. Hard, crusty and melty. It was clearly posted that all trails closed in Cle Elum ranger district.

Man the water was crazy over there yesterday! The rivers were seriously mean looking. Manastash road is severely damaged and closed from yesterdays flooding

Turns out Mr White was there

5728750864_d84623eb34_z.jpg

Saw they had water running down the streets down in Elensburg the other day, guess they got alot of rain?

Saw they had water running down the streets down in Elensburg the other day, guess they got alot of rain?

Yeah, now it's all clean ;)

The Yakima River looked a lot like the Colorado river in Moab only not quite so red but still thick as a milkshake :(

I hope that rain event didn't wipe out many trails/roads

Any updates on an opening date?

Same, June 16th

so are we still planning on the 17-19th, iam hoping chinook will be open by then otherwise it will be a long drive around for me.

who all is going that weekend, roll call time.......

If Chinook is open, I will be heading out either Wednesday evening or Thursday morning.

Not sure where I'll set up (campground or the 'river spot')

If Chinook Isn't open, I'm thinking pretty hard about going to Liberty. Y'all are welcome to join me.

Me, Gojimsp (hopefully in his Navajo:navajo:) it might be on the road tomorrow, Formerly FJ Dwight in his jeep, and 2 more tentative and of course along with the WHITE one above. We were thinking about Crow Creek campground just to have a seat to sit arse down on in the morning but in the end if there's a pretty good group going same spot along Little Naches is fine.

Chinook will be open in time, I just know it!

Taken yesterday June 2nd just east of Chinook summit. Check out how deep the left side is

5794685703_fe747ea413_b.jpg

Forrest and I drove up FS70 till about mm13 and hit snowthe other day, theres still alot up there. I have had my heart set on trying to bust through to the rocks from the kaner side but I can already see thats not gona happen but it will be fun trying!

I have never been to Liberty, how are he trails over there?

Funny you said mm 13! For the last several years it seems the snow always freakin starts at mile marker 13 or so. Go figure.

Well, I'm planning on scouting 70 rd again next Sat to see if itz a alternative if Chinook still closed. I'm good with going over Cayuse and White Passes if needed since it will be a couple nights stay on Little Naches.

As for Liberty I was there 3 times in 2010. My point of view runnin' 31's you can completely dismiss if you want but...... Liberty ain't no place for pussy's. Until it dry's out there is plenty of mud. Plenty of GRANDE hill climbs to boot. Stair Steps on 4w319 *****in but I wanna watch a rig go up the wall on Lions Gulch trail. That will make my day. The Liberty trails on the west side of hwy 97 have more of the steep ****. My 2 cents .......

I am in, If I can get Friday off

I bet you will get a ways past mm13 on fs70 but once you hit the shaded side its going to get ugly. The snow was that crusty stuf that dosent pack down... It will make for a fun day trying. We went up 72 a ways but Forrest wasnt brave enough to plow through a wall of snow just past the little slide in his F350.

iam not hardcore enough to play with my daily like the rest of these guys, should have taken the ranger this weekend

Guess Im gona head out after work on friday and drive over, should be there late so keep the fire going.

I could not get Friday off, But I am going anyway arriving about dark.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Not good!

Kittitas Valley
Flood Warning Statement as of 10:01 PM PDT on June 7, 2011

The Flood Warning continues for
the Naches River near Naches.
* Until Thursday evening.
* At 8:45 PM Tuesday the stage was 17.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.5 feet by
early Wednesday. The river will fall below flood stage by
Thursday afternoon.

Back