Naches Ranger District Closure Till June 15th | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Naches Ranger District Closure Till June 15th

Kittitas Valley
Flood Warning Statement as of 10:01 PM PDT on June 7, 2011

The Flood Warning continues for
the Naches River near Naches.
* Until Thursday evening.
* At 8:45 PM Tuesday the stage was 17.4 feet.
* Flood stage is 17.0 feet.
* Minor flooding is occurring and minor flooding is forecast.
* Forecast... the river will continue rising to near 17.5 feet by
early Wednesday. The river will fall below flood stage by
Thursday afternoon.

Well you got a boat right?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Some second hand information

Official Word from the Naches OHV Ranger

Clover Way Road/FS1601 is closed

Glass Creek Road/FS 1605 is closed

Bald Mountain Road/FS1701 is open

Rock Creek Road/FS 1702 is closed

Gold Creek Road/FS 1703 is closed

Spring Creek is open

Milk Creek Road/FS 1708 is closed

Little Naches Road/FS 19 is open although it should have a one lane restriction installed before you get to Kaner Flats campground.

These closed roads can be expected not to open this year. There is a signed order and they are barricaded.

Bald Mountain is still snowed in expect downed trees and storm damage that we have not seen as of yet due to the fact we have been unable to access much of the trail system. Should still be 3 feet of snow at Lilly Pond. The entire ridge still has lots of snow. The report is that there is 200% snow depth for this time of year.

Stay safe and Tread Lightly. The closure that is lifted June 15th was put in place because of trail damage resulting from wet trails. The trails are wetter this year than last.

Also Chinook Pass is not expected to open untill the end of June.

Coming in from the Eberg side is tough due to closures of the access roads over there. go to www.cleelumtrails.com for info.

Iam going to try and head over Saturday or Sunday and scout a bit.

Snow wheeling in the middle of June :cool:

Yah, good chance I will be over there this Saturday

Hmm good chance I'll be over there too.

Sounds like we should get together?

After researching my vote just changed to BAG IT! Go LIBERTY, 15 trails open there

If this moves to Liberty, how much space should I occupy when I head over Wednesday evening?

(in other words, how many are coming) :thumbsup:

Me
Jon Davis
Joe Gaylor
Rick?
Dwight?
Jim Hill?
Aaron?
HoJim?
Forest?
Ben?
?
?
?
?
?
?

I am down for either, I prefer Naches
I will be arriving friday night

I am down for either, I prefer Naches
I will be arriving friday night

I just don't think there will be many trails open in the Naches area but we know there are a lot of trails open around Liberty.

Glad you're still gonna make it. :thumbsup:

iam still going to try and hit naches unless absolutely everyone is going to liberty, dont get me wrong i want to get to liberty this year but iam dying to get up to naches

iam still going to try and hit naches unless absolutely everyone is going to liberty, dont get me wrong i want to get to liberty this year but iam dying to get up to naches

x2 I have to "try" to make it to the rocks from the little naches side, if theres to much snow we can see how far we can make it on shoestring or just try to head west over 70 and see how far we can make it. Someone on NWW said they drove up 1701 and its clear other then snow from 410 on up? You would have the ridge to yourself snice no one from the e-burg side would be coming up that way?

Yah, the original plan is sounding like the right thing to do. A lot of options there and well, I really love the area. Heard Bethell Ridge area was pretty clear last weekend too

Heading up 410 shortly just to check how the ole snow level is doing

How was the snow Rick?

Forrest just came and picked up his truck from my place today, said he was gona head over after work on friday. Im heading out to work on the exploder later tonight...

Hard and crusty and pretty much sucked like you said. Hit snow every road west side 4000ft and never went beyond 4300ft. It was dam fun though.

Me n Dwight heading over Friday after work

Liberty is out

So, I hear Liberty is out and Naches is in. :cool:

I sure hope they get Chinook Pass open soon. It would be great if it were open by Thursday but I ain't counting on it.

Sunday for the trip home would be good too.

Iam planning on having to go over cayuse and then white, sucks but oh well, we'll see you all on Friday night:party:

get the fire going if you beat me there...

SO you heading over Wednesday Phil?
Looks like we need room for you,Ben,Forrest,Rick,myself and ??
You going to plant the flag out at the road if we do not get one of our usual spots?

Looks like we need room for you,Ben,Forrest,Rick,myself and ??
You going to plant the flag out at the road if we do not get one of our usual spots?

Myself and 4 others will be up the road at Crow Creek campground

Looks like we need room for you,Ben,Forrest and myself.

Yup, sounds like the 4 of us and maybe Jon Davis in the Full Monty (he might opt for a campgrounds spot too but if he does, no Sailor Jerry for him!)

EF flag and maybe a couple of pink flamingo's :D

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Chris is trying to make it, Nate is working hard to get his dana 44 under his jeep and should be able to make it. Jamie is going to show up in the morning with his bronco 2 and Andy is thinking about going also. The only one that is for sure is Jamie...

Back