Remote Start and Cruise Control conflict/issue? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Remote Start and Cruise Control conflict/issue?

darth_hangover

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 Limted (on Order)
I did a search, but didn't see any other posts on this (but I may have missed something). On my Ex Limited (had it about a week now, built in late May), I noticed something weird:

When I do a remote start using the IAK (key), get in the vehicle, and start the engine normally, I cannot turn on the cruise control (I have the adaptive cruise control). The light on the dashboard just blinks on and then turns off. I have to stop the engine, and restart it, in order for the cruise control to work properly.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can't believe I'm the only one...

DH

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I did a search, but didn't see any other posts on this (but I may have missed something). On my Ex Limited (had it about a week now, built in late May), I noticed something weird:

When I do a remote start using the IAK (key), get in the vehicle, and start the engine normally, I cannot turn on the cruise control (I have the adaptive cruise control). The light on the dashboard just blinks on and then turns off. I have to stop the engine, and restart it, in order for the cruise control to work properly.

Has anyone else noticed this? I can't believe I'm the only one...

DH
Because your cruise control doesn’t work at times, I recommend taking your Explorer to the dealer and demonstrate what you’re describing. I would be happy to escalate your concern if you would like help. I already have your info, so you would only need to PM me with your approximate mileage and dealer name.

Cory

Because your cruise control doesn’t work at times, I recommend taking your Explorer to the dealer and demonstrate what you’re describing. I would be happy to escalate your concern if you would like help. I already have your info, so you would only need to PM me with your approximate mileage and dealer name.

Cory

Cory,

Thanks. I'll follow up with the dealer. I should be clear, though, the cruise control does work. It just won't turn on after I've initially started the car using remote start.

DH

Cory,

Thanks. I'll follow up with the dealer. I should be clear, though, the cruise control does work. It just won't turn on after I've initially started the car using remote start.

DH
I understand what you mean. If you follow up with the dealer and you would still like help, message me and I will escalate your concern to assist you further.

Cory

I'm still waiting on the dealer to confirm this, but was wondering if any other Limited owners on the board (with both Remote Start and ACC) can test and confirm if they have this issue...

Anyone??

Thanks!

DH

I have had the issue with my limited where sometimes my cruise control flashes on an disappears not sure it they have been occasions where i used the remote start or not i'll have to watch to see if there is a correlation

Happend to me today as well. I was driving and all of a sudden the light started to blink and beep 3 times and they went off. Any idea what could it be?
Thanks

Happend to me today as well. I was driving and all of a sudden the light started to blink and beep 3 times and they went off. Any idea what could it be?
Thanks
Welcome to the Forum angeloti. :wavey:
Was this after using remote start or just the regular start.
BTW, it would be helpful if you noted which model Ex you have in your profile or in the Vehicle Specs. It isn't required but it is helpful when you post questions or concerns.
Happy motoring and I hope this problem gets resolved. I haven't had any problems with mine like this but will try the remote start and ACC the next time I go out.

Peter

Sorry. I have a 2011 limited.I read in the manual and I think that
Is the collision warning. I did no see anything dangereous yesterday while driving
But maybe the sensor picked something.I did play with the remote start before all this happened but at that particular moment the car was started from the interior starter.
I will keep you posted if it happens again. I do like my explorer and I had no issues with it ever
Tx

Keep my fingers crossed

Sorry. I have a 2011 limited.I read in the manual and I think that
Is the collision warning. I did no see anything dangereous yesterday while driving
But maybe the sensor picked something.I did play with the remote start before all this happened but at that particular moment the car was started from the interior starter.
I will keep you posted if it happens again. I do like my explorer and I had no issues with it ever
Tx
You would know if the collision warning went off. It flashes the red lights that are projected onto the windshield and has a very loud audible signal. The warning will sometimes go off if you are following a car that has slowed to make turn and you keep your pace steady because you know that the car will be around the turn by the time you get there. The sensor doesn't realize that.
Not sure how long you've been in London. I grew up there and went to Oakridge High.

Peter

On our recent road trip, we used remote start and the adaptive cruise a lot, and never had this issue.

Back