Help! 03 Aviator Window Regulator same as 03 Mountaineer/Explorer? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Help! 03 Aviator Window Regulator same as 03 Mountaineer/Explorer?

tjgorn01

Reaction score
City, State
Louisville
Year, Model & Trim Level
02 Aviator & Mntr AWD 4.6
I need to replace the drivers door power window regulator on my 03 Lincoln Aviator but it doesn't show up on part searches at Autozone, etc... The 03 Mountaineer and Explorer show up as a Dorman part number 741-813. Can anyone confirm that the window regulator is the same for the 03 Aviator as the 03 Mounty/Exp???

Thanks

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Better question - I have found a replacement for an 05 Aviator and some web sites show that the 03-05 were the same parts. Anyone know if that is true??

Good question. Some sites do show compatible and others don't.

From the rockauto.com site it appears that the 2003-2005 Aviator Window Regulators are interchangeable with the 2002-2005 Explorer regulators. It shows CARDONE SELECT Part # 823021AR. as interchangabel.

The Motorcraft Part #: for the 03 regulator appears to be WLRA36 . Check out fordparts.com and it shows the part number as WLRA36. Ebay shows WLRA36 as as 2003 Avaitor part not explorer part.

I would go to the fordparts.com site and enter your vin to find the appropriate part number then you xref the part number on your favorite parts site.

Thanks - will do. I found the 05 Dorman Aviator part locally. The dimensions were exact but it had only a two pin connector instead of the 8 pin on my 03 Aviator. Cost for Dorman part about $100. Motorcraft replacement is $345! None locally at Salvage yard.

The Dorman 05 part had only a two pin connector as compared to the 8 pin connector to the motor on my 03. Was able to get one shipped in for $130 from salvage yard. Still beats the $345 OEM part....

Back