Ambient lighting | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Ambient lighting

I tried all of them, but went back to the blue-green color that matches the rest of the lighting.
I do wish there was a kit to add the door-pull lights to the rear doors. Maybe I could buy the LED assy from an existing location, and wire it in to the same circuit.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

HMm thought about doing this many times, maybe led floor lights.... love the look and with whats available now, its all possible and cheap!

Hi, I'm John! You can get a light kit from Ford assessories. It is $270.00 and has only 7 different colors vs the 12 or 13 that the limited 300 series package has. But feel 7 will surfice for my mood changes!

The after market kit is not the same as what folks in the Limited have.
You only get foot well light & a light in a cup holder. Just so you know.

The after market kit is not the same as what folks in the Limited have.
You only get foot well light & a light in a cup holder. Just so you know.

But can't you wire it in anywhere you want lights? That way you can also change the colors.

I don't believe so..it is not done through MFT like the Limited.
From what the Ford folks said on the FB page was that it was strictly for in the foot well
and the cup holder.

I see. Thanks. We'll figure it out eventually.

Ambient Lighting Stuck on Blue

Hi all.

Changed the ambient lighting from blue to purple the other day (wife liked it) and it stayed that way for a day or so. Then I noticed yesterday that it was back to blue. If I go into the ambient light settings, it shows that purple is selected (large purple circle up front), but if I try to change to any other color, it stays stuck on blue.

Anyone see this before? Can I pull the fuse for the MFT to reset the system? Will this erase my presents and phone numbers?

Thanks,
Dino

the EX does default to the ligher blue before I start the truck. Once the truck is on, I get the ambient light color that I has assigned. If yours stays on blue then there is a problem somewhere, not sure MFT reset will help.

Thanks, I'll check it out again. But this morning, I did turn the truck on in the garage and it was still stuck at blue. I didn't put it into drive though. This is my wife's car, so I don't drive it everyday.

On the same topic . Can you change the Ambient light through voice command?

Sorry for the false alarm. As JDJones mentioned above, the truck needs to be on and the headlights on to get the color to come on correctly.

All is well.

Regards,
Dino

On the same topic . Can you change the Ambient light through voice command?
I looked for a voice command to change the ambient lighting but found there isn’t one.

Sorry for the false alarm. As JDJones mentioned above, the truck needs to be on and the headlights on to get the color to come on correctly.

All is well.

Regards,
Dino
I’m glad JDJones figured this out! Let me know if you have any other questions you’d like to have researched!

Cory

Help About ambient interior light Xlt ?

Hi
i have explorer xlt but i want to add Ambient interior lights kits
is it easy to install
1- its have all wire and control ? or i need to buy (male & female) cables

whats come in the kits ? any help please because i wanna to order it from USA, and am living in Middle East ( Kuwait)

No wiring available in the vehicle, but kit has wiring in it, it will plug into an existing wiring. You have to remove some console pieces.

No wiring available in the vehicle, but kit has wiring in it, it will plug into an existing wiring. You have to remove some console pieces.

thanks but if i need the cup holder ambient light only what should i order with it ?

It should come with the wiring module and switch, you can buy it from ford accessories, they are under 2011 edge or taurus

I recently purchased a 2012 Explorer XLT. I got several options, and thought that ambient lighting came with one of the options. Well, I was wrong and I don't have it. My question is what option does it come with, or does it only come with a Limited?

Phil

Only LTD, standard

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Back