Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Does Sirius Travel Link Work For You?

So today all seems to be working OK. I didn't pull any fuses or anything. Go figure.

Thanks for all the support.

Dino
I’m glad to see it’s working OK now. Please feel free to let me know if you experience any other troubles.

Holligl & gdecamp, have you seen an improvement on the loading time since your last posting? Please let me know.

JAZNY, I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had any luck with getting your traffic and weather to work. I’d like to help by escalating this for you, if you’d like. I already have your Explorer’s info from previous communication, so all I would need is your approximate mileage and dealer name.

Cory

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

No such luck for me. I'm from Canakistan and our gov't won't let us see stuff like that. For the weather I have to look out my window. Gas prices I can see when I drive by the gas stations. Oh by the way. Our gas prices are regulated and only change once a week. God Bless CANACKISTAN, land that I love. I can go on the internet and chat with whoever I want, share whatever info I want, cell phone companies can track my whereabouts through my phone and store it on some unsecure sever somewhere, where someone can hack into it and get my daily routine. Or they could just follow me. BUT, I can't get into my car and ask for directions, Heaven forbid. Next they'll say I have to wear tinfoil on my head so the aliens can't follow me. Unbelievable. Used to live in the Live Free or Die State. Loved it. Just hate being told by an elected official what I can do with MY Information. Now wheres that tinfoil............

Can't believe you haven't been wearing your tinfoil all along!!! Reynolds brand works best. LOL

Well - my Travel Link isn't working either. Gas stations show up, but all prices are N/A. I can't access the weather data or movies. I just get an hourglass that won't let me select the option. I tried calling Sirius and told me the signal they are sending out is fine and referred me to my dealer.

It would be nice to access this data, but the rest of my Sync / MFT is working properly and I'm not sure I want to chance messing up something else.

Well - my Travel Link isn't working either. Gas stations show up, but all prices are N/A. I can't access the weather data or movies. I just get an hourglass that won't let me select the option. I tried calling Sirius and told me the signal they are sending out is fine and referred me to my dealer.

It would be nice to access this data, but the rest of my Sync / MFT is working properly and I'm not sure I want to chance messing up something else.
It’s good that you called SIRIUS and I also recommend calling the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) to speak with a live agent to troubleshoot the issue. I have your Explorer’s info from previous messages, so drop me a line if there’s any way I can help!

Cory

Can't believe you haven't been wearing your tinfoil all along!!! Reynolds brand works best. LOL

the heavy duty Reynolds is the best.... and I always like to make a halo out of a metal coat hanger too.... it helps to deflect most of the rays and will lengthen the life of the foil.... :shifty_ey

Well - I can't access the weather data or movies. I just get an hourglass that won't let me select the option. I tried calling Sirius and told me the signal they are sending out is fine and referred me to my dealer.

Had the exact same thing, see my earlier post. Now it is gone and working fine. I think it was a Sirius problem, maybe they don't want to admit to it or it was out in certain areas....anyway, worked fine yesterday anyway.

It’s good that you called SIRIUS and I also recommend calling the In-Vehicle Technology Team (800-392-3673 - Option 1 then 3) to speak with a live agent to troubleshoot the issue. I have your Explorer’s info from previous messages, so drop me a line if there’s any way I can help!

Cory

The person I spoke to with the In-Vehicle Technology Team had no idea what I was talking about. The minute I mentioned Sirius, she assumed that it had something to do with my channels not having the right names. After attempting to explain it to her for the 3rd time I gave up. What kind of people is Ford hiring? :thumbdwn:

Had the exact same thing, see my earlier post. Now it is gone and working fine. I think it was a Sirius problem, maybe they don't want to admit to it or it was out in certain areas....anyway, worked fine yesterday anyway.

Bizarre...after not working for the past 2 1/2 days, I went to lunch and it is now functioning flawlessly.

JAZNY, I’m sorry to hear you haven’t had any luck with getting your traffic and weather to work. I’d like to help by escalating this for you, if you’d like. I already have your Explorer’s info from previous communication, so all I would need is your approximate mileage and dealer name.

Cory

Cory,
For some reason, after burning an hours worth of cellphone minutes with a real Sirius rep, I finally got the updates indicated by the hourglass on each and every travel link subscription. This was only after the repr. actually deactivated my account, then re-activated. Functionality was restored by the next day.

Despite what the Sirius repr. said, what should have taken " a few minutes" probably took 30 - 40 minutes for all functionality to be restored. I had no options available for a few 20 minute drives after the updates (hourglasses) appeared.

I believe this is a Sirius issue, since my problems started the same time they changed their channel lineup.

Travel Link not working either.

JAZNY, thank you for the update. I’m glad to hear it’s working for you now. Please let me know if there’s anything else you’d like me to help with.

Cory

Hey Cory,
I would appreciate any help you can give me, my travel link quit working properly this past Saturday 6/25 too. I have a 2011 Ford Explorer Limited purchased 6/2/11. I have spent about 4 hours on the phone with Sirius and they seem to only make the problem worse. It started on Saturday when I tried to access the "Movie Listing" option on Travel Link. It gave me the hour glass and a window popped up that said "Data Aquisition may take several Minutes", it returned back to the travel link home page and the movie listings was stuck with the hour glass for the next 24 hrs until I called Sirius on Sunday. After refreshing my signal, I lost access to Movies, Weather, Ski Conditions, Sports, and Fuel. So I had a bigger problem then before I called. They escalated to Technical Support and they decided to deactiveate then reactiveate my account. After 45 minutes of leaving my car idleing in my drive way all the hour glasses EXCEPT for Sports went away. I still have the hour glass over Sports Listings 2 days later. Sirius has decided to wash there hands of this and told me it is a dealer issue. I am not buying that, I work at the dealer (actually ordered the car myself) and am possitive this is a Sirius issue (especially reading what others has posted on this thread). Everthing was working fine prior to Saturday. So after 3 days and a huge headache dealing with Sirius, I was able to get my Movie Listing options back, but now have the hour glass over Sports. Can you please point me in the right direction for help.

Thanks,
Corey B.

cboucher, I’m sorry to hear you’ve been having such a tough time. I’d like to lend a hand with getting this resolved for you. Would you mind sending me a private message with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name?

Cory

Sirius Travel Link Not Working

Thanks Cory, just sent you private message with all information you requested.

Have had an hour glass on my weather, ski conditions, and movie list for the last week.

Gas prices work some time with no hour glass. Today it showed fuel prices unavailable.

Whats up with Sirius?

With others having similar issues it appears they are the common dominator.

I have ver 2.8

Have had an hour glass on my weather, ski conditions, and movie list for the last week.

Gas prices work some time with no hour glass. Today it showed fuel prices unavailable.

Whats up with Sirius?

With others having similar issues it appears they are the common dominator.

I have ver 2.8
Mine has not worked since getting 2.11 installed last week, even with resets from Sirius. Have you requested a reset from Sirius?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Mine has not worked since getting 2.11 installed last week, even with resets from Sirius. Have you requested a reset from Sirius?

Yes, twice and now I have an hour glass on all but two of the traffic link tabs. Was driving the vehicle for about an hour after the first request with no data update. I also want to note that I noticed a problem with my Info link about a week ago (ver 2.8).

This same problem happened when I first bought the vehicle in the April-May time frame and it went away. Go figure. If you have ver 2.11 and I have ver 2.8 then I would think it is not a software issue. Hardware is a possibility and of course is the system receiving the data from Sirius. Maybe the Sirius site has been hacked.

If you note in the threads the dates when this started it has been recently and my thought it is more a Sirius issue and not the electronics or software in the vehicle. Sirius suggested I take the vehicle to Ford and have them check it out.

I am sure they will want to jump at installing ver 2.11 thinking that will fix the problem. As noted I have ver 2.8 which I would like to keep until a known good software has been released to fix all the problems. I don't like being a BETA tester.

Reminds me of going to the doctor and letting them practice on me.

Ford needs to have one Point of contact/control for ALL SYNC, MFT, SIRIUS, ETC issues. Under the current system there is to much of a chance to pass the buck or blame from one vendor to another, hardware, software, operator, user, etc.

Programmers need to start monitoring via software and log any faults that the technician can see to help troubleshoot the system. Would be great if this was part of the Vehicle Health Report.

Back