• Register Today It's free!

Digital Display Scrambled

aolsonx2

Reaction score
City, State
Kearney, NE
Year, Model & Trim Level
'06 XLT
My digital display, (odometer, mpg, compass, etc.) scrambled yesterday on my '06 Explorer XLT. The scrambled lights are moving as if there is a message scrolling across the screen but it is unintelligible. I disconnected the battery in hopes of a reset, but no change. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I noticed this type of activity just before my battery failed. Have you had the seatbelt icon stay on when you first start up after sitting a while? That is one of the final signs that your battery is failing.

I have never had the seat belt light stay on, but the airbag light does occasionally. The battery appears as strong as ever, but I will take note. If I don't get any other replies, I may pop in a new battery soon and see if that works. I will be sure to let you know what I find out. Thanks for the reply.

I have not heard about the seat belt light staying on but I have read that the airbag light staying on usually means you will be changing your battery really soon.

My mistake - I meant Airbag icon. If you are seeing that, chances are you have a dying battery....

Back