Really Enjoying My 2011 Explorer | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Really Enjoying My 2011 Explorer

DDF

Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
2017 XLT
Built 4/24/11, delivered 6/14/11. So far, so good. It's tight as a drum. No A pillar rattles, no window streaking, no wierd issues with MFT, no problems so far. For those of you who had the various issues discussed throughout the forum, looks like Ford listened and fixed them on cars built later this spring. Good luck everyone!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats DDF - great to hear. I find if I spend too much time in here I start thinking I bought a lemon before I've even signed the papers. Hopefully more owners chime in with their success stories...

DDF and muddlermike, welcome to the Forum.:wavey:

I ordered my Explorer Ltd. on Dec. 20th and picked it up March 14th. I have MFT V2.4 and the only problem I've encountered a few times was that upon starting the vehicle the radio would begin playing from the USB stick when it was on a Sirius channel when it was turned off. Three times it happened after a short shut down period which included two stops for gas. I currently have a right front sensor on order. This sensor caused an error msg when I tried to use Park Assist. Overall I am very satisfied with the vehicle. :thumbsup:

Peter

we've had ours since the end of January - around 14K miles - no huge issues at all. No MFT issues, no overheating - so far we are very pleased.

I ordered mine in Feb. picked up in April and so far all is GREAT. This is the best Explorer we have owned (3rd so far). The only glitch I have found is that the sync direrctions is not exactly up to date. One route I have traveled was upgraded a couple years ago and the road takes a slightly different path. Sync tells me I have left the planned route during this 2 mile section. I have also found that the addresses are about that far behind if you are trying to find a new bussiness. I would think that since it calls in they would be uptodate. This is an EXCELLENT ride, no regrets at all.

Ordered mine in March. Got it in May. 1200 miles and one month later, still loving it. I enjoy driving this vehicle more every time I get in it. Zero problems with MFT, which I for one think is awesome. Once you get past the learning curve, it is not distracting or difficult to operate. Obviously, some are having issues which is unfortunate. I guess they could go to Government Motors and get an Acadia. At least their problems will not come from new technology, just GM's normal crap they put out. Sorry about that, I'll stop now.:D

I'm also quite happy with my Explorer. Had a few glitches with the MFT at first, but now it's working well. Just need to get around to seeing my dealer about fixing the moisture in the driver's side mirror marker.

Ford Emplyees have earned my thanks.

Built 4/24/11, delivered 6/14/11. So far, so good. It's tight as a drum. No A pillar rattles, no window streaking, no wierd issues with MFT, no problems so far. For those of you who had the various issues discussed throughout the forum, looks like Ford listened and fixed them on cars built later this spring. Good luck everyone!

Took delivery 4-15-11. Platinum, polished wheels, limited, four buckets, navigation, trailer package, blind spot. Every ride is a new joy. No problems with anything and continue to find new little things that make this thing more enjoyable. I can't believe the compliments and looks this thing brings. I too was a little scared untill delivery. Nice job from the engineers to the final inspection. Philip Odenweller.

We are also VERY happy with our X limited 302a loaded.Took delivery 6/10. No issues at all.Mft & sync working great.No window streaks,overheating,trans. problems,etc.
We race dirtbikes & ride snowmobiles,& go on different forums.Kinda same stuff there, if it has an issue Brand_ _ _ _x, stinks.Feel for the people with issues but if your dealer can't fix it find another.

We absolutely love our new Explorer. So far the only issue i have had is the streaky, greasy windows, otherwise i can't complain.

Okay, so I have ownly owned it for three days but I continue to receive complements. Certainly runs like a charm and I learn something new every day. I am installing a base plate to tow it with my motor home so I have be in it and under it from front to back and find it well built. I am sure you will be pleased when you receive your own and will enjoy it as much as I do.
>> Dennis

phew.... thank God there's some of you out there that actually enjoy your Explorer :biggthump

ETA is tomorrow (6/27)... :bounce: waiting patiently... :bounce: can't you tell? :bounce:

You will really love it. I traded in a 1999, with all the squeaks, rattles, bumps, I still loved it. Now, with the 2011, I am riding so nice and smooth, I feel like napping sometimes!!!!

muddlermike said:
phew.... thank God there's some of you out there that actually enjoy your Explorer :biggthump

ETA is tomorrow (6/27)... :bounce: waiting patiently... :bounce: can't you tell? :bounce:

My ETA is tomorrow also do you feel like you will be getting a call from the dealer saying it's in? I think I would do a backflip if I get the call I know my wife will but I have a feeling like I will be
Waiting a Lil longer hopefully I am wrong!

Great thread... Glad y'all are enjoying your Ex's! :thumbsup:

I love my ride as well. The ride is as superb as the styling.

The MFT is so cool when it works. That's what's such a bummer; the MFT is so integral to the vehicle that it's problems overshadow a really great ride.

So far so good here too. 1,300 miles and no real issues except the Sirius channel browser doesn't always work. Ford is aware of it and working on a fix.

MFT/Sync gets slammed pretty regularly here, but I think it gets a bit of a bad rap. It's actually quite a pleasure ONCE YOU GET A FEEL FOR IT.

Spend some quality time trying it out and learning the system and be patient. Sometimes it takes a few seconds for the screen to update - this is normal. Unlike other touchscreens MFT takes a certain amount of pressure to use - after using it for awhile, I find that I instinctively know the correct amount of pressure and having the system not register my touch is generally not an issue.

I timed my system this morning and nav and everything was loaded within 15 seconds (including NAV). Voice commands work fairly well, but its key to understand what happens when it doesn't understand you or cannot find what you are looking for - the failure modes aren't always intuitive.

Voice commands are very powerful and work fairly well.

I love the car, no question there are minor issues and glitches, but really, message boards are overly populated with people having issues.

I've been in plenty of rain and don't really hear the rain noise issue. I'm sure I will eventually. A-pillar isn't an issue. etc...

Great thread, everyone that loves their X please keep this going.

My X is a Limited, 4x4, 302A, sunroof, DVD, trailer tow, inflat seatbelts, 2nd row dual buckets w/console and 1,300 miles.

NO issues to report at this time. This vehicle is the nicest vehicle I have ever driven (nicer than my fathers Lincoln MKT) and much better than my old Explorer 4x4 that was driven 240,000 miles.

I know some people are having issues and I hope Ford resolves those issues. For those individuals that are thinking about buying or have an Explorer on order, forums are usually dominated by complaints rather than compliments but are a great resource for solving issue.

As for MFT, I have a pioneer Z2 head unit (purchased 4 years ago includes nav, voice control, hard drive, sirus, BT) in my Excursion and the first year many people had issues with failure until pioneer issued a firmware update, hopefully that is all we need to solve the other members issues.

I rate my Explorer a solid 10.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I verified that your order has the ETA of tomorrow, but it’s still subject to change. Your patience will pay off soon!

snoopy2003, please be careful if you’re really planning on doing a back flip!

Cory

Back