• Register Today It's free!

refrigerant leak

ekamm

Reaction score
City, State
Derby Kansas
Year, Model & Trim Level
'92 XLT
I have a leak in the a/c system after a fender bender accident after I repair the leak what will I need to do to get the system working again? This is on a '94 explorer

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

At the bare minimum you'll have to vacuum it out and then recharge the system.

But, if you've already lost all the refrigerant in there, you may as well buy an O-ring kit and replace all the rings and replace the orifice tube as well..think of it as preventative maintenance.

At the bare minimum you'll have to vacuum it out and then recharge the system.

But, if you've already lost all the refrigerant in there, you may as well buy an O-ring kit and replace all the rings and replace the orifice tube as well..think of it as preventative maintenance.

My ac filter blew, so I am replacing that. AC system noob here...is there a write up on replacing the O rings?

Thanks!

Also, I bought this for 8 bucks at auto zone http://www.autozone.com/autozone/ac...&fromString=search&itemIdentifier=630677_0_0_

It gives a great overview of how the A/C system works, and how to replace components. Great for an a/c noob like myself

Back