Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Would you purchase a 2011 Explorer again?

If you had to do it over again, would you still purchase the 2011 explorer?

• Total voters

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Would I buy a Ford Explorer again? Yes.

A 2011 with a bunch of problems that is just waiting to happen? No.

Yes. If I were to go back in time to March 9, I would place the same order I did. I'm pretty happy with my 2011 Explorer. My only issue with the vehicle is the streaky windows, everything else works fine.

Yes. Without hesitation.

I voted no, not because of the car or any problems. My personal situation is likely to change and I may not have the hauling requirements forcing me into an SUV. So, I won't know for a month or two, but I am guessing I will be in a sedan within a year.

If I have the same needs as today, without a doubt I would buy another.

Really great vehicle and loving the 19.6 mpg! MFT has its issues, but they are not overshadowing the rest of what the Explorer does so well.

Yes.
For the bang for the buck, was the best that I could find.
A bit of an adjustment tho, used to owning offroaders.
2x toyota 4x4 pickups, an old fj and a wrangler.

Then again, 38 now....and could't beat the practicality.

Absolutely would buy it again. I'm quite happy with my Explorer.

Yes. It is a great truck.
I have the A pillar issue but I am confident that Ford will rake care if it.

Absolutely. Only a few minor glitches with MFT and mileage of 22.5 around town. Ride is very comfortable.

Yes i will it's an awesome vehicle, even with very very minor issue one with the mft the other with my parrot (african grey) that get in and wont stay still she did in my cts . But all joking aside i love the explorer !!!!!

I am definately happy with my explorer and would get another one. Yes, the MFT has occasionally been glitchy on phone pairing and the voice commands, although better with time, are not perfect but I still love to drive it. It is very solid, no rattles. It towed my 3500 lb boat without a sweat. I'm waiting to update my software to whatever comes out after the '12's are being made later in the year. The v 2.7 isn't bad but I bet something better is around the corner. That's just the way it is with new electronics, they change so fast so you just have to dive in somewhere!

No. After having gone through what I'm going through with MFT I would get a Dodge Durango. AND that excuse about "first year model" is BS. Go the Jeep Grand Cherokee forum, nobody complains. It's all about how much fun people are having with their SUVs.

Yes I would.
I guess once owning a MG there nothing that Ford can throw at me I couldn't handle.

Yes! My wifes daily driver,she loves it!

I drive a 08 GMC 2500HD w/6.0L-daily & our tow vehicle.When I hop in the X its like driving a sports car.

We were thinking of going Caddy CTS,going back to a car for wife.
SOooo glad we did'nt.

Bump

Mark me down for a big YES. This poll is looking like a landslide, and I question a few of the NO voters based on things they have said on previous threads, won't name any names.:crazy:

I was back-and-forth between the Explorer and a used Land Rover. I went with the Ford because I wanted to support the local economy, it wasn't used, and the gas mileage was supposed to be better.

I have a bit of buyers' remorse:
1) My average mpg is about 18.2 and I do little city driving. My X5 which was rated 15/20 (?) averaged 19.4 with the same driving style (maybe even more spirited as it is more fun to drive). I'm very surprised it is so low. Yes, I've checked my tire pressure, 35 psi all tires.
2) Resale is a huge question mark right now- If Ford can't fix the issues things will not be good. Fingers crossed.
3) I have come to really dislike MFT. Give me some knobs, switches, and buttons. And front park sensors.

baxter - what issues are you having? I don't recall seeing you having issues other than minor ones?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I said no because I would have waited a year to not be the beta tester for the vehicle. I knew there was the potential for trouble, but I decided to take a chance.

Back