aux input on 6cd changer? | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

aux input on 6cd changer?

Wow...this is old... what is a "CD"?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

I just pulled the 6 disc changer out and popped in an Alpine CDA-9886 with dedicated iPod input and USB input. Seemed logical to me as I wanted to put some subs in also.

What series was your radio? Mine is a 815 series. Their website says it only works with an 868.

Their web site says it works only with an 868. If you call them, they will tell you that it doesn't work with an 815.

I decided to give it a try anyway, and ordered it. I plugged it into my 815 series radio, and what do you know - it works perfectly. See this thread for details, including pictures.

You press the CD button once for the in-dash 6 disc player, then you press it again to get the AUX input. Pressing the CD button toggles between these two inputs.

Sorry for bringing back an old thread but thought it was better then starting anew one. Does anyone know of a current plug for the radio so I can just plug my Ipod in through a headphone jack and use the AUX setting? Link would be awesome. Thanks for the help.

on mine the AUX input it on the Rear DVD player, just in front of the screen if you have it. Or there was an option to add a phone. . . .the plugs should be open if you don't have RSE. Then the PIE adapter will work.

I recently installed the PIE FRDN-AUX in my '03 Limited w/the 6 disk changer (815 series).

In my vehicle there was an unused power connector under the center console that I used for power and ground. I Installed a Jensen Marine JPORT 1/8" audio jack in the center console instead of having to route a cable somewhere in the passenger compartment.

Here's a picture. The JPORT is below the advancetrac switch and sort of between the cup holders, and comes with a rubber cover for the 1/8" jack that you see in place in the photo.

ZeeJensenMountLocation.jpg

There's a post floating around this site that describes how to use the radio self-test to determine whether or not your 815 series head unit supports the CD DJ interface, which is what the FRDN-AUX uses. I suggest performing the test before you spring for the PIE...

- Zee

I have the dvd player in mine and if you have it all you have to do is just get a wire that is AV jacks on one end and a head phone jack on the othere then just plug the AV side in the dvd player and the other end in to the mp3 player hit the aux button and your good to go.

Anyone tried adding aux to a 3rd gen recently? I can't seem to find the PIE adapter in stock anywhere, and I"m hoping to add a 1/8" connector to my HU.

I have an '04 with the CD/AUX button on the top left. Any help is appreciated. Thanks,

Resurrecting this thread because I'm having a really hard time finding this PIE adatper anywhere, and all the links posted previously are broken/dead.

Does anyone know what the current solution would be? This is for a 2005 Explorer with the in-dash 6-disc cd changer head unit. Thanks.

Your best bet would be posting in the audio section or the modified section. It is tough to add in an aux plug on the 6 disk in dash changer without losing a bank of radio channels or having the internals to the radio rewired.

That one doesn't look right. The harness was unrelated to the USB power. The harness I got was unrelated to USB and only for the PXDX to the 6 disc

This is the one I ordered.

You can see in the one I linked it piggy backs the big square connector. The one you linked does not.

Back