What's your status? | Page 31 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

What's your status?

Congrats! No, same old status for now...waiting for my salesman to call to say it's been delivered. Any day now, which I've been saying since last Friday. Thanks for checking up.

Question: What happens once the dealer gets it? I'm not sure if they have to take time to clean and prep it and what happens with tags and inspection. For my situation, I live in DE but bought it a few miles over the line in PA. So, not sure if they have to actually drive it to DMV in DE or PA. In PA, they can get it inspected at several local garages but to get the tag, I think that requires going to a DMV site which is about 40 minutes away from them. The DE DMV is about 25 minutes from them. Guess I'm trying to get a feel for time frame to expect.

Good question - I know my dealer cleaned the car and inspected it - which took about 2 hours. Not sure how it works across state lines, but I can't imagine it's a huge deal - otherwise the dealers wouldn't do it, right?

At any rate, it sounds like it will be there today or tomorrow...I'll keep sending good vibes your way!

Good Luck!

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Congrats PorterX!!!!!!! you lovin' it, or what?

Thanks Muddlermike! I am enjoying it very much...can't wait for the weekend so I can enjoy it even more! SO worth the wait!

:)

Delivery Delayed

Received a call from my salesperson yesterday. Message was that my vehicle is delayed in Chicago due to Quality Control issues. She claims that they are checking some quality issues before releasing. Don't know if this has anything to do wityh the MFT issues or other kinds of concerns.

I guess it is good that they are checking & (hopefully) fixing any problems but I am anxious for delivery. Ordered on May16 & built sometime last week of June.

I messaged Cory to check for status update as I'm not sure that Cory & the dealership always have the same info.

Dave

In the same boat as you Dave...though no one at Ford can tell me what the hold up is. I was told that the cars would be released last week but pretty sure that hasn't happened.

When Ford does this, how do they handle those Explorers already delivered? Recalls I suppose?

I have a feeling I'm in the same boat as everyone else. The hold up I was told was an improved headlamp assembly, so I don't know if they had to replace things but supposedly that was the hold up. I ordered my Ex May 2nd and it was built May 25th...this is getting a little ridiculous in terms of how long it's taking to get after the build. Hopefully this means the car will be near perfect!

In the same boat as you Dave...though no one at Ford can tell me what the hold up is. I was told that the cars would be released last week but pretty sure that hasn't happened.

When Ford does this, how do they handle those Explorers already delivered? Recalls I suppose?

Finally!!!

I got a call this morning from the manager of our ford dealership. My explorer is in!! We are picking it up at 4 today!!! I didn't think it would ever get here!

Received a call from my salesperson yesterday. Message was that my vehicle is delayed in Chicago due to Quality Control issues. She claims that they are checking some quality issues before releasing. Don't know if this has anything to do wityh the MFT issues or other kinds of concerns.

I guess it is good that they are checking & (hopefully) fixing any problems but I am anxious for delivery. Ordered on May16 & built sometime last week of June.

I messaged Cory to check for status update as I'm not sure that Cory & the dealership always have the same info.

Dave

Hi Dave,
Mine came from Chicago, so maybe yours is on the way.

Thank you very much Cory,

I think I am getting my new ride soon. Maybe dealer will call me tomorrow.
You're welcome explorerberry & PorterX! I'm really glad I can help!

Just an FYI: Cory has been very helpful but I'd also suggest calling the CS # (listed at the bottom of Cory's emails) a few times for updates (once you have a VIN #). I've rarely had to wait longer than a few minutes (once pressing through the automated options) and most representatives have given me some good updated details, when it was possible.
You’re right trs0722! The Customer Relationship Center is another great way to research the current details on your order status!

For those who have sent me a request via PM, I've been sick and haven't been able to get to all the messages I've received yet. I appreciate your patience as I research your order and send an update as soon as I can!

Edit: Mazda3sguy, just as a heads up, it states that you chose not to receive private messages. I won’t be able to send you updates until that option has been changed.

Cory

Hi Dave,
Mine came from Chicago, so maybe yours is on the way.

wait - don't they all come from Chicago? :D

hope you feel better soon, Cory!

wait - don't they all come from Chicago? :D

hope you feel better soon, Cory!
Thanks muddlermike! I’m back in the office now! I’m a little swamped with PMs at the moment and I’m feeling better!

Cory

Edit: Mazda3sguy, just as a heads up, it states that you chose not to receive private messages. I won’t be able to send you updates until that option has been changed.

Cory

Ooooppss!!

Sorry about that...should be fixed now. Thank you!

Mazda3sguy

Just a quick question to those of you waiting...how did you get an ETA on your car? I have asked my dealer and can't get anything from them other than it is awaiting shipment...unfortunately that doesn't mean much at this point since it was the same update I got 6 wks ago. I was just wondering how you all got anything besides "soon"...if I hear that word one more time, I'm going to lose my mind. Maybe in the future you should have the option of picking it up in Chicago yourself...

Ooooppss!!

Sorry about that...should be fixed now. Thank you!

Mazda3sguy
I tried sending you another private message but it still didn’t go through. I believe in order to fix it: Go to the User Control Panel> Edit Options> and change this setting:

“You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
-Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators” (This should be unchecked.)

Just a quick question to those of you waiting...how did you get an ETA on your car? I have asked my dealer and can't get anything from them other than it is awaiting shipment...unfortunately that doesn't mean much at this point since it was the same update I got 6 wks ago. I was just wondering how you all got anything besides "soon"...if I hear that word one more time, I'm going to lose my mind. Maybe in the future you should have the option of picking it up in Chicago yourself...
I’ve been keeping an eye on your order sweetedeline and I’d like to research it further. I sent you a private message with the details I would need. Check you inbox, if you haven’t already, for my PM.

Cory

I tried sending you another private message but it still didn’t go through. I believe in order to fix it: Go to the User Control Panel> Edit Options> and change this setting:

“You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
-Receive Private Messages only from Contacts and Moderators” (This should be unchecked.)

Cory

Hah :D, I tried editing from my phone while at lunch at work today....I think I got it fixed now...

I appreciate your help Cory....thank you!

Mazda3sguy

Finally, got the call yesterday morning that mine (2011 Limited) had come in the night before and was ready to be picked up. :cool:

For those of you monitoring timelines for your order, here's my story to the best of my recollection:

05/25/11: Placed order via phone with dealer who said about 8-10 weeks
06/10/11: Built in Chicago; ETA of 06/27 noted in computer
~07/05/11: Arrived via train in Buffalo; ETA of 07/10 noted in computer
07/14/11: Arrived at dealer in Chadds Ford PA

Hah :D, I tried editing from my phone while at lunch at work today....I think I got it fixed now...

I appreciate your help Cory....thank you!

Mazda3sguy
I guess the third time was the charm because my PM was able to go through this time! I’m glad to help! :)

Finally, got the call yesterday morning that mine (2011 Limited) had come in the night before and was ready to be picked up. :cool:

For those of you monitoring timelines for your order, here's my story to the best of my recollection:

05/25/11: Placed order via phone with dealer who said about 8-10 weeks
06/10/11: Built in Chicago; ETA of 06/27 noted in computer
~07/05/11: Arrived via train in Buffalo; ETA of 07/10 noted in computer
07/14/11: Arrived at dealer in Chadds Ford PA
That’s great news! We’d love to see pics of your new Limited! :D

Cory

Bad news in case anyone else is waiting on their Explorer and can't get any info...I just talked to Ford after they had escalated my case to check into things and all they can tell me is that the explorer is awaiting shipment and that they cannot give an ETA. She said that once it leaves the plant she would estimate 4-5 days. Anyway, good luck to those waiting.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Picked up our Explorer last night. Love it !!! So many things to learn how to use.
We ordered ours at the end of May. build date was 6/13 and it arrived at the dealer 7/18.

Back