Anyone Installed In-Channel Vent Visors? | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Anyone Installed In-Channel Vent Visors?

MikeCallery

Elite Explorer
Reaction score
Year, Model & Trim Level
'11 XLT Tri-Coat
I just installed the in-channel vent visor from AVS/Lund and am having trouble with the auto-closing mechanism on the window.

Now, just for reference, I've installed these on four of my previous vehicles so I am very familiar with them. It certainly is not rocket science with the final step being closing your window with the visor in place in order to allow the double-stick tape to set. I've never had this much problem with the window closing and eventually got the window closed with a little assistance.

Before I go installing any others, I'm wondering if there is any kind of sensitivity setting on the window arm, though I'd hate to have to get to it.

I'm hoping someone else has played with this and might have some advise.

I just installed the in-channel vent visor from AVS/Lund and am having trouble with the auto-closing mechanism on the window.

Now, just for reference, I've installed these on four of my previous vehicles so I am very familiar with them. It certainly is not rocket science with the final step being closing your window with the visor in place in order to allow the double-stick tape to set. I've never had this much problem with the window closing and eventually got the window closed with a little assistance.

Before I go installing any others, I'm wondering if there is any kind of sensitivity setting on the window arm, though I'd hate to have to get to it.

I'm hoping someone else has played with this and might have some advise.

Check the "modified" 2011 Explorer Discussion, this has been addressed already.

Back