Sep 24th Intro to the Pines Trail Ride (South Jersey) | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

Sep 24th Intro to the Pines Trail Ride (South Jersey)

Mudboy

Reaction score
City, State
Bellmawr NJ
Year, Model & Trim Level
91 ex
Sep 24th Intro to the pines ride

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After alot of requests I have decided to put together a ride through the pines for those who are not very familiar with them, don't have snorkles and have paint that they care about. You could bring a brand new 2011 Escalade on this ride and not have to worry about scratches or wet carpets. We will stop at a few different landmarks throughout the ride and midday we will have a late lunch at the Green Bank Inn. We will start at the Atco Raceway around 11:00AM and the ride will end in the Lacey Township area. We will be in Wharton State Forest, Brendon Byrne State Forest, and Greenwood wildlife management area. Remember guys, this is for the beginner and or the guys who cares about his paint and interior. Those who are more experienced may find this ride boring, however are more than welcome to tag along. Also remember this is not a brand specific ride, I will be posting this on a few different forums. Depending on recent weather conditions some wet sand may splash up the sides of the vehicle, but any actual mudholes will be bypassable. This will be a kid freindly ride, I will have all 3 of mine with me ( 14 month old twins and a 3 year old)
Reccomended but not required:
Tow point (esp. if you don't plan on going around any mudholes we may encounter)

Strap (same as above, no hooks on end, no "tow ropes" from autozone)

CB ( nice to stay in touch throughout the ride)

Vehicle must be street legal for the State of New Jersey (Same laws on the road are enforced in the woods)

Snacks and Beverages (non alcoholic-Alcohol is prohibited from all New Jersey State parks and Wildlife management areas)

Bug spray

Good attitude (I hate *******s)

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Good idea I ment just tag along

Yea ill definetely go, im more than familiar enough with the pines that i think i could help out. I always love an easy trail ride to enjoy scenery too. Dave did you get a new number, i tried calling you the other night to see if you were heading out but it says your numbers disconnected.

I will appreciate help..... big time. Looks like were up to 23 vehicles so far and it hasn't even been a week since I first posted this. I may end this with camping on my a buddy of mines 900 acre peice of land. Anyone on here interested in camping?

NJJA:
Mudboy
RedZJ
Toad97
dasilva4x4
jeepzilla
MudTJ
shadowouch
Toywheeler
Boots
BIGRIG05
Garvin (possibly)
WBG ( couple others)
omgwtfxj (few others)

jeepforum:
dennis461
Demolition X
nottusyeroc (and a few others)
sk1er18
stanbo
brunkhorse
cascivic
Ebrown37
lifewalk
Stamos
VICTIM OF PAIN

Misfits4x4:
Xdaily & 87Chevy (same vehicle)
Foryota (possibly)
Jeep Thing (possibly)

Explorerforum:
876lugSTX aka HEC
tgreene92
Paraphoe
LiKuiD
Dreddog47
?????

Fullsizebronco:
JMSC1115
bigblew79
DamageIncNY
rooster454

Jersey Devil:
gmczr2 (maybe)
KingOfThePines (maybe)

I'm definitely in. Love trails but not looking to hydrolock back there for a second time. Also kinda tired of mud falling out of my frame rails into my eyes when I'm working on my rig.

Nice to see SK1er on the list. He used to be an Explorer Forum guy too. Still pops on from time to time.

I will be down for camping

Guys, Please post up a link of this on other forums you may go on. We may make history here. Been listed for a week and already have over 30 vehicles in attendance.

Alright as far as camping goes. It is a go. We have access to my buddies land. It's an awesome peice of property and since it is privately owned we can enjoy alcoholic beverages. there is more than enough room for everyone to camp and not be up each others butts. It is spotless out there. Plenty of trails to play on there, but you may get scratches and muddy if you venture out of the camping area. camping costs are $20 per person, kids are free. There will also be liability waivers for everyone to sign. It is camping in teh rough. No porta pots no running water. Bring your T-P. There is a fresh cedar water stream that borders the camping area that you can get the dust off of ya in but it may be a little chilly at that time of the year.

Nice to see SK1er on the list. He used to be an Explorer Forum guy too. Still pops on from time to time.

He lives about a block away from me. I'll have top call him and tell him to pick me up. :D

Count me in, Dreddog47 and that other kid I cant remember that came with us last time :D

broke the 40 vehicle mark:
NJJA:
Mudboy
RedZJ
Toad97
dasilva4x4
jeepzilla
MudTJ
shadowouch
Toywheeler
Boots
BIGRIG05
Garvin (possibly)
WBG ( couple others)
omgwtfxj (few others)
jobrien (+1)

jeepforum:
dennis461
Demolition X
nottusyeroc (and a few others)
sk1er18
stanbo
brunkhorse
cascivic
Ebrown37
lifewalk
Stamos
VICTIM OF PAIN
nj-rubi

Misfits4x4:
Xdaily & 87Chevy (same vehicle)
Foryota (possibly)
Jeep Thing (possibly)

Explorerforum:
876lugSTX aka HEC
tgreene92
Paraphoe
LiKuiD
Dreddog47
?????

Fullsizebronco:
JMSC1115
bigblew79
DamageIncNY
rooster454

Jersey Devil:
gmczr2 (maybe)
KingOfThePines (maybe)

Im assuming well sort out smaller details later, but if we are to enjoy alcoholic beverages at your friends farm what should we do with it before we get there considering they are not allowed in the state park. also are you just going to collect payment for camping the day of or are you going to try to collect it before. Now that were up to 40 possible vehicles, im sure well definetely have at least 50 show, are we all going to travel together as one large group or should we have a few smaller groups with different departure times. just thought id start throwing these things out there even though were still a good bits away.

Since the ride is going to be an easier ride I'm gonna go with the large group with 3 specific trail guides. Me in the front, one in the middle and one at the tail. The object is to stay in comminication during any stop. Of course anyone with a CB is encouraged to chime in so we all can stay as a group. I'm going to pre-run the whole trip spread over a period of time before the date. What I'm hoping for is that the actual "wheeling" is saved for the camping property. I plan on making a few different spots for scenic locations which will also be pee breaks as well.The areas where we will have to travel highway I will get up a ways and styay in communication with the mid and tail guides to make sure we all are on teh same route and also do the same when we go from pavement to trail. As far as Alcohol goes, your on your own if you wish to travel through the state woods with it in your vehicle, however be it's at your own risk of a $100 ticket. When we get to the camping area, I plan on getting everyone there and situated then running out to the local liqour store ( about 15 mins away). Those who wish to follow me can.
I was originally thinking payments will go directly to the owner of the land (cash only) and people will fill out the waiver. When collected both him and I will go over a few small things about respecting the land probably. After that I plan on doing a ride through the land which will include some, mud, some scratches and some water.
I could probably email people the waiver and they could either fax, mail, or scan it back to me. This would save some time.

I'm open to all suggestions.

hi guys first post i live in vincentown 06 explorer here would love to go but wife works days and i work nightsand we only have one truckif we can get the day off i will post here

Sounds like quite the epic weekend. Put me down as tentative, I'll know in a week or two. I'm glad you're planning on multiple guides since the last time I went through Wharton with a large group (~20 vehicles) the lead guy was going 40mph through the woods and we got split into 3 different and equally lost groups.

I'll see what I can manage. MustangAndy (brother) has been trying to get me to go down to the Barrens with him. Maybe I'll finally go haha

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i should be down.. bo lakes this time for me ...lol

Back