• Register Today It's free!

Mustang Guys Help me out.

specialized7

Reaction score
City, State
saskatoon
Year, Model & Trim Level
99 SPORT
Aright the time has come and iv put the explorer up for sale for 5800.
not much interest but a few trades and this one has caught my eye.
Its a 2000 Mustang GT with leather and its white with some red stripes. Its actully pretty nice but its an auto and has the 4.6L

My truck has 184xxx and this car has 185xxx
He is asking 7700 so this is a good deal on my end.
What do these things get for mileage?
are they fairly reliable?
Any one have any info on them let me know.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

this ford forum has no mustang enthusiests?

The Mustang is one of the most reliable cars you can drive, IMO. The 4.6L is every bit as durable as the 302 and you should get around 28 mpg on the highway and 20-22 mpg around town if it is in good condition.

I would recommend finding one with a manual transmission. These cars are so much more fun to drive with a manual. It will also give you much better performance and better mileage than the auto.

Hey thanks for the reply. I know i would love a 5 speed mustang but im pretty limited. This guy wants to trade straight across for my explorer .

i would make that trade if you really want to part with your X and want to get a stang. the 99-06 mustangs are awesome cars. the dohc set up is sweet, not to mention they do get great gas mileage for a V8's. my sister had the 99 until she got hit by a drunk driver, and my brother has an 04 that still runs like the day he got it.

There are 2 kinds of Mustangs out there.
Those that have been beat on, and those that havent left the assembly line yet. :D

^That being said, I would trade.

cool guys i think im going to go ahead with it. I will probably sell my civic si and buy a ranger to haul my dirtbike around in

There are 2 kinds of Mustangs out there.
Those that have been beat on, and those that havent left the assembly line yet. :D

^That being said, I would trade.

I have an '89 LX 5.0L sitting in the garage with 155k miles on it. I have shown that car no mercy since I factory ordered it. It has taken all I could throw at it, including a Kenne Bell blower running 12-16 psi of boost. The T-5 is a weak link if you run too much torque through it. Running them stock, Mustangs can take some abuse. All they ask in return is regular, basic maintenance.

I have an '89 LX 5.0L sitting in the garage with 155k miles on it. I have shown that car no mercy since I factory ordered it. It has taken all I could throw at it, including a Kenne Bell blower running 12-16 psi of boost. The T-5 is a weak link if you run too much torque through it. Running them stock, Mustangs can take some abuse. All they ask in return is regular, basic maintenance.

I've got a '94 Cobra and bald tires that are less then a year old. It hasnt left the parking lot in 1.5 years!

Do it! Mustangs are very reliable, I have owned 8 myself over the years. Everyone has be driven hard and always keep ticking.

well now you guys have me all pumped up about mustangs. haha

Back