• Register Today It's free!

2011 Explorer. Sync issues.

Glenc

Reaction score
City, State
California
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Okay, I do not want to be known as a complainer... However, The only reason that I am on this forum is because my 2011 Explorer has had many problems with the Sync. I notice that most of you all do as well. Now the Sync has gone black, nothing at all on the screen. Looking for an easy fix.
Any suggestions??

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

get it updated at the dealer

Okay, I do not want to be known as a complainer... However, The only reason that I am on this forum is because my 2011 Explorer has had many problems with the Sync. I notice that most of you all do as well. Now the Sync has gone black, nothing at all on the screen. Looking for an easy fix.
Any suggestions??

Pull the fuse, wait a bit, and replace the fuse.

Then wait until July 20 or 21st to learn more about the release of the latest version 2.11, which will be a dealer installed update.

Any suggestions??

Hi Glenc!

Do you still have a black screen on your MyFord Touch? If so, I suggest doing a fuse pull like Vic suggested, or take your Explorer to a dealership to have them look at it.

To do the fuse pull, follow the below steps:
  • Turn your vehicle of.
  • Locate fuse 29.
  • Pull the fuse and leave it our for 3-5 minutes.
  • Plug the fuse back in and let sit for about a minute.
  • Turn vehicle back on and let sit for another 3-5 minutes before touching anything on the screen or steering wheel controls.

You can then use your MFT as normal as long as the screen comes back on. If it doesn't come back on, please visit your dealership for further troubleshooting.

Rebecca

Back