Shackles and TT/ Shock Question

interscope8

Explorer Addict
Reaction score
City, State
Purdue University
Year, Model & Trim Level
2001 Sport Trac 4x4
So, Im planning on doing a TT/ Shackles, sooner rather than later, and a body lift down the road.

However, Rancho is having that huge rebate thing and I have wanted new shocks for the longest time.... so I may jump on that. My whole question here is, if I buy 4 new RS5000's, will I need stock length or longer to compensate for shackles and a TT?

I know I'll need longer ones for after the body lift, but that wont be for a while, so I'll cross that bridge when i come to it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

You wont need longer shocks for a tt/ shackles or body lift. A tt does not increase suspension travel so longer shocks arent necessary, shackles will create a little more rear suspension travel but not nearly enough that longer are needed. and the shock mounts are mounted to the frame not body so when you do a body lift the frame stays at the same height therefore no need for longer shocks.

ah! Well, i feel dumb but relieved :D money saver!

tgreene92 beat me to it, exactly what he said.

still feelin' like an idiot haha, i never really sat down and thought about it :p I shoulda known better .

Still relieved tho, do ya'll recommend RS5000's? Seem to good to be true.

I had Rancho 9000XL's mine with the Wireless MyRide Remote System and it was great for everything I did from offroading to hauling/ towing to highway or city streets. They are 9 way adjustables and with the M.R.W.R.S. you don't have to get under the truck to dial in the settings you want everytime.

I still have the rear shocks and the remote system with compressor and control box (complete setup) lines and all. I change over to Monroe Sensatrac's (quick on the spot replacements) after the beautifully pot-holed Pittsburgh city streets strip the front shock nut clean off the shaft.

I heard guys speak highly of the 5000's and the Monroe Reflex's for our Trac's.

Back