RC/camping run June or July | Page 3 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

RC/camping run June or July

So what's the tally of people showing up?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

with this crew, ya never know whos showing up till they show up.....

hell with this crew you really have o do a head count of people in the pictures at the end of the weekend...

Bump! Getting closer! :)

Just a small consideration, guys: the temperature is supposed to be up near 100° on Friday and saturday, and Rausch camping is on a rocky parking lot with no amenities (although I think there is a portapot by the office). Given how dry it's been lately I doubt they well be allowing camp fires either. Are you guys sure you don't want to stay at the hotel instead?

Nothing says summer like brush fires right? Not going to make this one. Green truck is in the shop and the BII is being stripped down for paint.

PROTIP: Make sure to take your vehicle out of 4LO when driving through the parking lot area...

how many ppl we got coming? and how many trucks are wheeling?

I'll leave the hotel thing up to everyone to decide, being that the temps are gonna be in the 90's, it probably wont be a bad idea..... input... and roll call?

Im not camping, but ill drive up Sat morning since im only about 1.5 hrs out.

Im not camping, but ill drive up Sat morning since im only about 1.5 hrs out.

hell, were only 45 min away, but mornings arent my thing so getting up at the a$$crack of dawn dont cut it for me.... so the closer, the better.... the hotel is only a few miles away.

Likuid, whats your ride's specs? (locker(s)?, tire size, etc)

I'm still a go. Hotel is fine for me. I'm not one for the heat. What hotel is it, and do we have to book a room online or can we just show up friday night and get one?

I'm still a go. Hotel is fine for me. I'm not one for the heat. What hotel is it, and do we have to book a room online or can we just show up friday night and get one?

if we all agree on the hotel, I get it booked asap, this is why I want to know who all is coming, and if everyone is down for the hotel.

I can always make a last minute reservation with the Pine Grove Comfort Inn at a discounted price (I'm on good terms with them ;) ) It's about 7 miles south of Rausch and generally runs around $52 a night.. which can be split however many ways depending on who crashes in the room.

So far I have only Dan (Nosveten), Likuid, Skunk and myself confirmed for this... if you plan on coming I need y'all to speak up!

Ok. That's cool. I forgot that Meredith is coming also, so put me down as two.

possible issues on my end..... tryin to work it out now.

done.... truck broke.... anyone wanna buy a SAS exploder? seriously, no joke. tired of it.

What happened to Skunk?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

went to fix the tranny/tcase gasket and a bolt snapped, gotta build the doubler all over again..... waaaay too much work for one person with heart issues in this heat, gotta find/pull a 1350 from the yard, and build it all over again, get it back into the truck, and finish the linkage to do it right.... POS ford crap.

Back