A simple poll... | Page 2 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

A simple poll...

Problems with MFT/SYNC?

• Total voters
Reply to Rebecca

Hi ForensicSlueth!

What did your dealership do when you took it in, just the software updates?

Rebecca

Hi Rebecca, Dealer service performed two updates--Service Mgr witnessed all my issues and said he did not know what else to do until Ford came out with fixes--He said he had three other Explorers is same situation. Gave me 800 # at Ford-Dearborn to try to escallate this-- I did--Spoke with Marisol (many times) and was assigned case # 469320981 on 6-9-2011. Lately she is frustrated and said she did not know what to do short of waiting for "Magic Udate" due in mid July (It's now July 21??) Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Roger

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

just voted. so... 1 out of 4 new cars have no problems. wonder how ford feels about a t 25% success rating?

Hi Rebecca, Dealer service performed two updates--Service Mgr witnessed all my issues and said he did not know what else to do until Ford came out with fixes--He said he had three other Explorers is same situation. Gave me 800 # at Ford-Dearborn to try to escallate this-- I did--Spoke with Marisol (many times) and was assigned case # 469320981 on 6-9-2011. Lately she is frustrated and said she did not know what to do short of waiting for "Magic Udate" due in mid July (It's now July 21??) Any help or suggestions would be appreciated. Roger

I looked at your ticket, and it looks like Customer Care, Dealer, and Dealer Tech Support all want to wait for v2.11. Go ahead and make an appointment with your dealer; they will be able to do the install now. If that doesn't work, PM me and I will update your ticket and re-escalate (if you want me to).

Rebecca

just voted. so... 1 out of 4 new cars have no problems. wonder how ford feels about a t 25% success rating?

I'll let them speak for themselves, but looking at the official data, MFT has a 73% customer satisfaction rate. The remainder are either undecided or unsatisfied. (as a frame of reference, Apple iMac has a 77% satisfaction rate)

The MFT satisfaction rate is higher than SYNC GEN I when it was released.

Satisfaction rates increase as owners become more familiar with how to operate it.

The 2011 Explorer has the highest customer satisfaction rate in its class.

Per this informal poll, 80% of users here have had no issues or minor issues.

I think the official and unofficial data show that the majority, but not all, consumers are satisfied and are willing to accept the trade offs associated with being early adopters of new technology.
-----------------

In the word's of a technology analyst:

With more complex technology comes more issues, so should Ford or other OEMs be dissuaded from pushing the bar in terms of in-vehicle technology to avoid the bad PR? I would hate to see that happen. Nor should it be forgotten that by pushing technology, Ford has shown well in other JD Power rankings, dominating the 2010 U.S. Navigation Usage and Satisfaction Study.

What also should not be lost in this is the view from JD Power, as mentioned in the Detroit Free Press: “Sometimes a pioneering technology, such as Ford's voice-commanded vehicle control system, may meet resistance that shows up as a quality flaw in short-term quality surveys…But in the long term, it almost certainly will be a very good idea."

Mine had been doing pretty well, but a few issues in the last week on vacation. Running V2.7. A Navigation card Fault would not clear until after a lengthy stop. Then two days later the radio would not work. About an hour later it finally cleared. I will be taking it in after vacation to get V2.11, and a few other things along with an oil change. Close to 10K miles. Oil life indicates 40%.

I looked at your ticket, and it looks like Customer Care, Dealer, and Dealer Tech Support all want to wait for v2.11. Go ahead and make an appointment with your dealer; they will be able to do the install now. If that doesn't work, PM me and I will update your ticket and re-escalate (if you want me to).

Rebecca

Thank You Rebecca, I was actually at the Ford Dealership when I read your response. I asked if I could set up a time to get the v.211 magic update installed. My service advisor, Melissa, advised that they did not have access to v.211. I am a little concerned that my dealership is not getting what they need or they lack the ability and/or expertise to work with this technology. They are very nice--and responsive but the service manager advised me that he has three other Explorers with same issues. It is very frustrating. I think I would like you to re-esclate this. Thanks Again--Roger

Thank You Rebecca, I was actually at the Ford Dealership when I read your response. I asked if I could set up a time to get the v.211 magic update installed. My service advisor, Melissa, advised that they did not have access to v.211. I am a little concerned that my dealership is not getting what they need or they lack the ability and/or expertise to work with this technology. They are very nice--and responsive but the service manager advised me that he has three other Explorers with same issues. It is very frustrating. I think I would like you to re-esclate this. Thanks Again--Roger

Get another dealer. As other's have mentioned, 2.11 is available (I have it). It was officially released yesterday. If they cannot find it, then their going to first need a proctologist to find their heads before you will get your update and I dont think you wanna wait that long.

2011 XLT, June Build, 600 miles, paired with HTC Inspire, 2.8

MFT has mostly worked fine for me. Paired fine with my phone, downloaded phonebook mostly ok (If I have Joe and Sue Smith, it brings in "and Smith"), and usually works (although the voice recognition is frustrating specifically in the nav).

However, here are the reasons I voted "Major problems":

Before last weekend, I had 2 black screen reboots. Once when I had pressed the screen with quite a few commands in a row and it seemed to just freeze up before rebooting. Another time it was immediately after starting the truck.

However, last week, the audio system would not turn off either by voice command or by the physical buttons below the screen. Also, the scan and tune buttons below the screen didn't work. Neither did the scan buttons on the steering wheel. All other audio functions seemed to work (namely changing stations and volume).

Master reset didn't work. Another user suggested changing stations and back and forth between Am/Fm and Sirius a few times. That didn't work.

Ultimately, pulled fuse 29 and that seemed to fix it.

I took it in for the 2.11 upgrade last week, but Dealer couldn't get the file to download from Ford and is having me set up another appointment this week.

Only issue I've had (in 3 weeks/1000 miles) is sluggish browsing of channel list on Sirius, but since I installed 2.11 that has gone away. I'm happy with MFT and it is working like a champ for me. I feel very lucky when reading a lot of these posts.

In 3 weeks of ownership, no issues, it came with 2.11 installed. My only single complaint is that "the lady" misinterprets my voice commands, when I ask for 20 degrees on climate control I'm told there is no setting for 40 degrees, lol. That can get a bit frustating after a while.

In 3 weeks of ownership, no issues, it came with 2.11 installed. My only single complaint is that "the lady" misinterprets my voice commands, when I ask for 20 degrees on climate control I'm told there is no setting for 40 degrees, lol. That can get a bit frustating after a while.

Hi, JFUSION!

Try putting emphasis on the t's and en. Example: Increase temperature TwENTy

If that doesn't help, I'd assume she's comfortable with the current temp and just doesn't want to change it ;) LOL You know how us women are!

Rebecca

2.11 is working great for me. I had a feeling that the complaints all over these forums were isolated and not as wide spread as it would seem. I would guess that most of the problems mentioned are related to what is plugged in thru the ports or bluetooth (ie an old phone OS, a bad file or folder structure on the phone or sd card, or a flaky or slow flash drive). Im sure its not perfect, but so far I like what I am seeing with MFT. Very cool.

Hi, JFUSION!

Try putting emphasis on the t's and en. Example: Increase temperature TwENTy

If that doesn't help, I'd assume she's comfortable with the current temp and just doesn't want to change it ;) LOL You know how us women are!

Rebecca

Thanks Rebecca, firstly I do wish to thank you for the time you put into replying to issues that we may have on this forum, it is a big help, keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

Yeah maybe my system is having hot flashes, lol , :) I'll keep working at it. The sync on my Fusion had a voice recognition feature/button, I sometimes think that they should have continued that rather than have the system learn itself over time, if it actually does that.

One more strange thing, when I ask the system to call a phone number that is stored in my phonebook, it adds the word "another" to whatever name I requested when it goes to repeat my request. So I ask for it to call work, and then it tells me that it is dialing "workanother" , I will ask it to call home and then it says that it is calling "homeanother" ?. Very odd, not sure how that is happening. The calls go through fine but I don't know where the word another fits into the prompt.

Thanks for reply on this. :thumbsup:

I would suggest not posting a "no problem" vote until you have driven the vehicle at least a month.

I'm happy and surprised that there are people who have no problems, but as someone posted earlier, there are a lot of different devices being used with MFT and not everyone has factory NAV or the HD radio.

My original goal was to get the folks that posted problems to then post their system and phone info to see if we could nail it down to a particular combo. One would think Ford is doing that, but they are not sharing that data with us.

This poll shows that approximately 25% of the customer base has had major problems and let's just say more than 50% of customers have experienced problems with MFT. V2.11 has not cured all issues, so I wish Ford would make an official announcement on what they plan to do about this.

Thanks Rebecca, firstly I do wish to thank you for the time you put into replying to issues that we may have on this forum, it is a big help, keep up the great work. :thumbsup:

Yeah maybe my system is having hot flashes, lol , :) I'll keep working at it. The sync on my Fusion had a voice recognition feature/button, I sometimes think that they should have continued that rather than have the system learn itself over time, if it actually does that.

One more strange thing, when I ask the system to call a phone number that is stored in my phonebook, it adds the word "another" to whatever name I requested when it goes to repeat my request. So I ask for it to call work, and then it tells me that it is dialing "workanother" , I will ask it to call home and then it says that it is calling "homeanother" ?. Very odd, not sure how that is happening. The calls go through fine but I don't know where the word another fits into the prompt.

Thanks for reply on this. :thumbsup:

No problem at all! :)

Which phone do you have, and is it by chance a Motorola phone that has an "other" listing along with call, home, and work? One last question, do all contacts do this or only the ones you have multiple numbers for?

Let me know when you get a chance!

Rebecca

I have my Ex since April, came with Version 2.7 and never had an issue. Upgraded to Version 2.11 and it still works very smooth but I have noticed that it is quicker to connect to my iphone4 with version 2.11. I have an XLT, TOW PACKAGE with BACK-UP CAMERA and everything works great.....

Back