• Register Today It's free!

Blower not working on speed 3

Killermike771

Reaction score
City, State
Glen Ellyn, IL
Year, Model & Trim Level
2010 Explorer Limited
The blower doesnt work on speed 3, it blows out at speed two when its set on 3. All of the other speeds work, I replaced the blower motor resistor and nothing has changed. Anyone have an idea what it might be?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

replace the turn dial the control knob goes into on the climate control panel.
I had that issue on my 04. Worked on 3 and 4 nothing else.

pretty easy, pop off the dash bezel, remove 2 bolts that hold the climate control panel on , disconnect the connection and pop out the old dail and put in the new one

Welcome aboard! :salute:

I concur with jakedrew. My number 3 speed was not working and on his advice I changed the speed control knob and now all is well! I got the radio bezel with all controls attached on eBay for $14 shipped. Search around for a good bargain: eBay, Craigslist, Junk yard.

Good Luck! ;)

Are you guys referring to the blower motor control switch. I really appreciate all of the help. I am finding myself on the forum nearly everyday :)

This is what we are referring to:

picture.php

No problem. Good luck with the fix.

Thanks for the help, i changed the switch and all speeds work again. Best part is that it only cost me 20 bucks and took 10 minutes to install

Good deal! Thanks for the update!

Back