DVD Headrest and other options questions | Page 5 | Ford Explorer Forums - Serious Explorations

• Register Today It's free!

DVD Headrest and other options questions

Hey! i'm new here and a have a few questions i was hoping you guys could help me with. this seems to be the go to place for explorer questions

My dad picked up a explorer limited 301A package. Along with that, he ordered the DVD headrests as well. When we picked it up, we noticed that the headrests were a different brand than we were expecting. I thought we were supposed to get Invision headrests, but we were instead provided with Rosen headrests. the quality of the headrest is not good at all and looks horrible in the car. I asked them about it and they said it was the same thing, but after further investigation, it seems these units are sub par to the Invision ones. What can i do to get the correct ones installed? he has been in possession of the vehicle for 2 months, but he hasn't really used the DVD system. i'm kind of annoyed that the dealer gave us ****ty headrests and then tried to play them off as the correct ones.

also, are you supposed to be able to control the DVD player with mysync? or is it only controllable from the back?

my last question is about the 302a spec package. dad wanted the 302 package, but they didnt have it, and they had just received a 301 package in the color combo he wanted. is it possible to add the options you get from the 302 package in the future like the parking assist or the adaptive cruise control? or can you only get them as part of the package?

thanks for the replies, i appreciate the help.

The Rosen system actually looks decent, and they claim to have the new factory warranty. See http://www.adcmobile.com/headrest_dvd/rosen_vs_invision.pdf

I guess if I were you I'd get the warranty on the headrests in writing from the dealer and if you can do that, then I wouldn't worry about it.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

The dealer told me it had the same warrenty, but the leather is HORRID. it doesnt match AT ALL. I just went down to the dealer service desk, and they told me to talk to the salesman who i purchased the vehicle from.

The salesman told me that they always install them and that its the same thing. Then he told me I couldnt do anything because we've had it for 2 months. When I took the vehicle in for it to be installed, they sent the vehicle to some other place called tops audio and had them install it, when I picked it up, I took issue with it and he told me that they all come like that. Not only that, the whole thing seemed real shady. he told me to come at 5:00 to pick up the vehicle, and when i got there, it wasnt there. it was in a town 40 miles away still getting the headrests installed and I ended up having to wait 2 hours for them to arrive with the vehicle. I bought it up again a week later when I picked up my original headrests, and he assused me that they all come like that. It wasnt until I investigated further that I realized they didnt do it right. Its still wrapped in platic, unused and was not what we were supposed to be provided.

I tried to speak with the manager and he wasnt there. The sales representative seemed really annoyed that i was bringing this up and we ended up getting into an argument. he even tried to hush me into a room so no one else would hear us. Not only that, but the ford flex they had in the showroom DID have the right headrests, so he's full of **** when he said its supposed to be like that.

Tried calling ford customer service, but they're closed for memorial day. I'm really annoyed. I feel like I got shafted by the dealership and my naiveness in trusting my salesman is going to be an issue because it took me 2 months to realize it. I paid a fairly large amount of money for this vehicle(limited 4x4 w/rapid spec 301a and some other options). I hope ford customer service is able to fix this...

Customer Service tomorrow.....hopefully Cory on this forum will jump in and assist

OEM Invision DVD USB Functionality

The official 2011 Ford Explorer licensed OEM Invision DVD headrests "LT Series" have a USB port on them. So far I have plugged in a USB drive, iPhone, itouch, and iPad. After cycling through all inputs (Aux 1 Aux 2 TV/Video) it does not recognize any of them.

Has anyone had success using this port with an external device?

Hey! i'm new here and a have a few questions i was hoping you guys could help me with. this seems to be the go to place for explorer questions

My dad picked up a explorer limited 301A package. Along with that, he ordered the DVD headrests as well. When we picked it up, we noticed that the headrests were a different brand than we were expecting. I thought we were supposed to get Invision headrests, but we were instead provided with Rosen headrests. the quality of the headrest is not good at all and looks horrible in the car. I asked them about it and they said it was the same thing, but after further investigation, it seems these units are sub par to the Invision ones. What can i do to get the correct ones installed? he has been in possession of the vehicle for 2 months, but he hasn't really used the DVD system. i'm kind of annoyed that the dealer gave us ****ty headrests and then tried to play them off as the correct ones.

also, are you supposed to be able to control the DVD player with mysync? or is it only controllable from the back?

my last question is about the 302a spec package. dad wanted the 302 package, but they didnt have it, and they had just received a 301 package in the color combo he wanted. is it possible to add the options you get from the 302 package in the future like the parking assist or the adaptive cruise control? or can you only get them as part of the package?

thanks for the replies, i appreciate the help.
I would want the quality of my new Explorer to meet my expectations too, and I’d like to offer my help. If you would like assistance with this, please send me a PM with your VIN, approximate mileage, and dealer name. This way I can look into this and review to see what I can do.

Cory

Well I can tell you about the headrests.
I was in the other day talking to the sales manger and he starts talking about an Ex that had just come in and got DVD installed. Ford has a guy that goes around to dealers and installs them(employee?/subcontractor?). He said the headrests didn't match(looks). The installer said thats what Ford sent him.
Manager said now I have to call customer and tell him he can not come in to pick up Ex and have to call Ford rep to get this straightened. Don't know what ever happened but was impressed that my dealer would not let the vehicle go to the customer because they didn't like it.

I would PM Cory (Ford Cus. Svc) on this forum. He should be able to help you.
I really appreciate the recommendation. This is something I will also do my best to look into.

Cory

Customer Service tomorrow.....hopefully Cory on this forum will jump in and assist
Thank you as well for suggesting that I look into assisting with this issue. I will do everything I can to help to review this.

Cory

I got Invision to email me the owners manual for the LT series DVD system.

If anyone wants it please PM me and I will send it to you.

They are going to add it to their support site in next few weeks.

Pm'ed. Also spoke with customer service this morning, seems they will be calling the manager today to investigate. Feeling a little more hopeful now...

Pm'ed. Also spoke with customer service this morning, seems they will be calling the manager today to investigate. Feeling a little more hopeful now...
I’m glad you sent your information and the agent you spoke with is also helping you with this. I appreciate your patience while this is looked into. Thank you.

Cory

I got a call from customer service telling me she spoke with the manager at the dealer and he was supposed to contact me about this. And then she is supposed to follow up with me to see if he resolved the issue. He was supposed to call yesterday afternoon, he still hasnt contacted me. Hopefully resolved soon..

I got a call from customer service telling me she spoke with the manager at the dealer and he was supposed to contact me about this. And then she is supposed to follow up with me to see if he resolved the issue. He was supposed to call yesterday afternoon, he still hasnt contacted me. Hopefully resolved soon..
I’m glad to hear that this is being looked into but please let me know if you have any issues with this. I also messaged you with details on your case, so check your inbox if you haven’t already done so.

Cory

I have used a USB thumb drive with mine. Play MP3's and MPEG files fairly well. Just a major pain to convert movies to MPEG so actually kind of useless for playing movies.

I contacted Invision Customer Support and was told the USB port CANNOT play video only audio and still images.

So IMHO the port is useless.

It should be an SD slot which is more compatible with digital cameras.

Just an update for anyone who was following the thread, I went back and fourth with the dealership for another 2 weeks with no progress. Then the sales rep who sold us the explorer called and told us to take the car to the place where they installed the system and he promised "they were going to take care of us."(i have a feeling FordCusService gave him a call) We went, and they looked at it, and finally admitted they had installed the wrong one. They explained to us that they have a contract with Rosen to install their systems, but that Rosen also has a system for the explorer with the same headrest. Since we got the first explorer they sold, they didn't have any of the correct headrests so they installed a universal unit instead(I guess they thought we wouldn't notice?). They offered to order the correct headrests for me, and told me it would look identical to stock. I told them I would call them and let them know, and did some investigation on the Rosen system. I finally settled on accepting their offer and am much more pleased. My issue was more with the ****ty pleather on the universal system not matching the interior at all, but the new headrest looks exactly like the original one, minus some grey stitching but its not noticeable. I'm not happy I had to go through all that to get the right headrests, but at least they came through and fixed it at the end

Just an update for anyone who was following the thread, I went back and fourth with the dealership for another 2 weeks with no progress. Then the sales rep who sold us the explorer called and told us to take the car to the place where they installed the system and he promised "they were going to take care of us."(i have a feeling FordCusService gave him a call) We went, and they looked at it, and finally admitted they had installed the wrong one. They explained to us that they have a contract with Rosen to install their systems, but that Rosen also has a system for the explorer with the same headrest. Since we got the first explorer they sold, they didn't have any of the correct headrests so they installed a universal unit instead(I guess they thought we wouldn't notice?). They offered to order the correct headrests for me, and told me it would look identical to stock. I told them I would call them and let them know, and did some investigation on the Rosen system. I finally settled on accepting their offer and am much more pleased. My issue was more with the ****ty pleather on the universal system not matching the interior at all, but the new headrest looks exactly like the original one, minus some grey stitching but its not noticeable. I'm not happy I had to go through all that to get the right headrests, but at least they came through and fixed it at the end

So you accepted the Rosen system not the OEM Invision LT system?

Did they confirm 3/36 warranty match?

Any feature differences?

Could you take some pics when they are installed please.

Yes it has the same 3/36 warrenty.

Heres a page a found with the feature list of the rosen system to the invision one.

http://www.adcmobile.com/headrest_dvd/rosen_vs_invision.pdf

The headrest looks identical to the OEM headrest. The only difference is that the stitching is like a dark charcoal color instead of black. I'll snap a picture of it when I go to my parents house tomorrow.

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

Yes it has the same 3/36 warrenty.

Heres a page a found with the feature list of the rosen system to the invision one.

http://www.adcmobile.com/headrest_dvd/rosen_vs_invision.pdf

The headrest looks identical to the OEM headrest. The only difference is that the stitching is like a dark charcoal color instead of black. I'll snap a picture of it when I go to my parents house tomorrow.

If the picture quality is as good or better I would say you made a wise choice......seems to be a few better features on the Rosen....

Noticed it mentions audio out for stereo system if the system supports it. This is a significant bonus as the Invision connects to vehicle audio through FM Modulator and quality is poor.

Back