FMExplorer

the original tramp
Reaction score
City, State
Fort Myers, FL
Year, Model & Trim Level
'99 Explorer EB
Hey guys,
Blew the driver's side front bearing in my '99 EB SOHC. Truck is from Syracuse - rusted pretty bad. The bolts holding the caliper bracket on are frozen in place. PB Blaster, Acetylene, impact wrench and special tools from Irwin have gotten me nowhere...

So - with the bracket forzen in place and no apparent way to get the disc out with it there, I need to look at replacing the steering knuckle.

Does anyone have one lying around?

Thanks!

J

I have my stock ones from my 99 Mountaineer after I put the superlift ones in. You can have em but it would prob be alittle bit for shipping though, I'm up in MD.

Hey guys,
Blew the driver's side front bearing in my '99 EB SOHC. Truck is from Syracuse - rusted pretty bad. The bolts holding the caliper bracket on are frozen in place. PB Blaster, Acetylene, impact wrench and special tools from Irwin have gotten me nowhere...

So - with the bracket forzen in place and no apparent way to get the disc out with it there, I need to look at replacing the steering knuckle.

Does anyone have one lying around?

Thanks!

J

Do you still have the passenger side steering knuckle/spindle? Is it for 2wd with ABS?
Thanks

Back