• Register Today It's free!

Looking for...

DBA4X4

Reaction score
City, State
Seaman, Ohio
Year, Model & Trim Level
1992 Ford Ranger XLT
I have a 1993 Ford explorer sport and I'm looking for custom parts for it, can't find any. plus does anyone think a flow master exhaust system would sound good with a 6C 4L engine? How much would a cooling fan run for?

Join the Elite Explorers for $20 each year.
Elite Explorer members see no advertisements, no banner ads, no double underlined links,.
Add an avatar, upload photo attachments, and more!

i just put a cheap 20 dollar thrush muffler on mine dumped before rear axle and 2.5" pipe from the cat back and it sounds good to me. and what kind of parts are u looking for power or lift? also it depends on what kind of cooling fan stock or from another car or aftermarket...ADD DETAILS

I'm looking for power parts also a stock cooling fan. I was also curious to see if anyone knows how to make the Explorer less top heavy. Also Custom gauges for the explorer.

I'm looking for power parts also a stock cooling fan. I was also curious to see if anyone knows how to make the Explorer less top heavy. Also Custom gauges for the explorer.

Chop the back of it off, put skins of a shortened ranger bed on it, add sun roof, Plexi glass, remove head liner, remove carpet and soundeadining equipment, Remove all glass, replace windsheild with lexan, Remove alll seats replace drivers side with plastic or aluminum race seat, remove dash just run a switch panel. Cut the doors o the point they are just skins Zues clip them on,, switch to aluminum heads, fiberglass front fenders, gut the inner fenders. Remove all wiring for anything not neccessary for it to start and run. Gut radiator support, Get a 1980 f150 frame shorten and narrow to explorer specs and put your now gutted body on it. (1980 f-150 frames are lightened by factory cut "swiss cheesing" of the frame). Now you have a race ready explorer body that won't be top heavy lol. but will be totally useless for the street.
Power parts are a whole other story, if you look a post or two down you will see views on "power parts".

rockauto.com will get you replacement parts.

For power, there's isn't much around. There is no power in a 1st gen X to begin with.
If you had to have some you'd have to rebuild the engine, bore it .30 over, get better heads, bore those out. Bore out the lower intake manifold port match all that with the upper intake, & then add a different camshaft. And you'd still only be near 250hp or so.
About the only power adders that are available for bolt on's are an exhaust, make your own short ram intake, & bbk throttle body. All of which will net you a whopping 5-7hp.
Search the site & look at the stickies at the top of the forum sections. Most of this is covered in detail.

ohhhh yeah, forgot. nitrous adds power:D

Back