• Register Today It's free!

3rd row not unfolding.

stripesace

Reaction score
City, State
The Woodlands, Tx
Year, Model & Trim Level
2011 XLT
Anyone have issues with the third row not coming from the flat stowed position back to the seat. The back of the seat gets stuck below the spare tire trim piece. It happened while we were on the lot and looking at the unit, and the salesperson played it off as the previous salesperson didn't fold it up accurately. But it's happened to me twice now. It seems as if something is not latching that should be.

Is this something I should wait for my first oil change to have them address or bring it in ASAP and ask them what's up?!

Anyone have issues with the third row not coming from the flat stowed position back to the seat. The back of the seat gets stuck below the spare tire trim piece. It happened while we were on the lot and looking at the unit, and the salesperson played it off as the previous salesperson didn't fold it up accurately. But it's happened to me twice now. It seems as if something is not latching that should be.

Is this something I should wait for my first oil change to have them address or bring it in ASAP and ask them what's up?!

I would bring it in. My wife and I looked at one on the lot with this problem as well. Salesperson also tried to pan it off as not a problem.

Mine just did that today! It's folded and won't do anything now. It does act like it wants to do what I want it to, but then it stops.

Had the same problem. Seat stopped because something in the way. (good feature). Then was getting stuck under spare tire trim piece.
This is from the owners guide page 177.

Note: In the unlikely event that the third row power seat stops
prematurely, or travels to an unexpected position, press the FOLD
button (3) to reset the seat and return it to a normal position.

Worked for me.

Back